• Page:

TOPIC:

Hello everyone. New member here. 20 Feb 2007 13:26 #113912

• hemmigremmie
  • hemmigremmie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Howdy everyone.
Just found this group and thought Id say hello and tell ya bout my first 79 KZ1000 I got.

I bought it last summer off a neighbor who couldnt ryde anymore and couldnt get it running. Got it for a mere $100.00 bucks! Took it to a friends and we discovered it had the wrong coil packs on it. Fixed those and had the carbs cleaned and the tank sealed and Vrooom! I was riding.:)

After riding for a while, I decided I liked the old chopper look better than the Fairing look so I took off the fairing and replaced the light with a chopper blue tint headlight with a visor. I also removed the speedo and tach to clean up the handlebar area.

Since then, Ive added the following.
Chopper rear seat, twisted spike cruise pegs, 6 inch dogbone risers with 9 inch X 33 inch (custom made) Z bars, new throttle, clutch n brake cables, took off the front fender.

I just ordered new cone filters and Im installing a custom rear fender with a Maltese cross taillight.

Im gonna try n get a few more things done to it also, but only time n money will tell.

Anyways, I'll [post before n after pics of were I am on it in the photo area.

Tnx for the join. Rod

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello everyone. New member here. 21 Feb 2007 17:51 #114267

• tganek
  • Visitor
Welcome to the site. Pictures, we love pictures.

Hello everyone. New member here. 21 Feb 2007 18:25 #114275

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Yes Welcome. B)

Add some pics here as well. You can only add one to each post if you use the "Select Image file to attach" box below. If you have the pics on a hosting site like Photobucket, then you can put in as many pics as you want using the url addresses.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

• Page: