Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello from Austin, this is my first time here 13 Jan 2007 17:47 #105483

• 78ltd
  • 78ltd's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
This is the first forum of any kind I have joined. I bought a 1978 KZ100 LTD about 4 hours ago. It's too rainy to ride so I thought I would see what I could find on the web. This site seemed pretty cool and full of useful info so I thought I would give this forum thing a try. Anyway... my bike has 16,800 miles on the clock and is in beautiful condition. Lots of customizing and VERY fast. My last bike was an '85 ZL900 that I got run over on in a hit and run in '93. It took me 14 years but I'm back in the saddle again.
Where would I look to get info what to watch for, listen for and go over before I take this bike out? I know it will take me a while to find all the little bugs and get to know them all. I just want to avoid doing any serious damage from pure ignorance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello from Austin, this is my first time here 13 Jan 2007 18:13 #105486

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 303
Welcome and welcome back! You have come to the right place. Can't have enough folks from Texas.
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Hello from Austin, this is my first time here 13 Jan 2007 18:19 #105487

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Welcome to Kzrider 78LTD. You can go to Kz information at the top of the page here in green and find out info on your bike like weight, horsepower, whatever. I have a 81 LTD 1000 and I only rode it twice so far before the rain you are getting, which was our freezing snow fell. The main things people are gonna ask you to do here on this site are to have a signature, which is the info that I have under my post. You can do that by going to your profile and you will find it like how you did your profile pic. Also to post the pics of your bike in the gallery. That can also be done through your profile. And I also have to say this is the best site I have been on since I was born. I have been on here now almost everyday and to warn you, Kz's are addictive once you know how much fun they can be. I have 2!
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Hello from Austin, this is my first time here 13 Jan 2007 18:30 #105491

• 78ltd
  • User
Thanks for the info I'll see if I can download some pics. I tried earlier but it said they were too many pixels. I'll try again.

Hello from Austin, this is my first time here 13 Jan 2007 19:08 #105500

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
  • Thank you received: 50
78ltd wrote:

Thanks for the info I'll see if I can download some pics. I tried earlier but it said they were too many pixels. I'll try again.

Set up a free account on www.PhotoBucket.com and when you upload a photo it'll automatically resize the photo. When you post it here, click the "Img" button above what you're typing and below the smiley faces. Set the size to 499 pixels.

Man, I sure do miss Austin! I used to drink a lot of Shiner Bock at the Broken Spoke and Ginny's Little Longhorn and other points around town.

If you have any issues with carburetors, WiredGeorge is the guy to talk to. He's down by San Antonio, and people send him their carbs from all over the world.

If you have electrical issues, loudhvx is the guy to ask.

If you have guitar or amplifier issues, I might be able to help you. :laugh:

You're in the right place, that's for sure...
1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

Hello from Austin, this is my first time here 13 Jan 2007 19:21 #105506

• 78ltd
  • User
thanks for the info GuitarGeek. I got my bike in the Gallery now. I figured it out. And by the way, I live like 4 blocks from Ginny's Little Long Horn. Small world.

Hello from Austin, this is my first time here 14 Jan 2007 12:10 #105589

• hostileamish
  • User
Welcome! Im from San Antonio and bummed at the rain but this is a great board to read and learn a lot from!

Paul

• Page: