• Page:

TOPIC:

Another FNG 31 Dec 2006 16:33 #102698

• jeadra
  • jeadra's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
howdy. New gal here.
The husband pointed me towards the KZrider site, since, well, I own & ride a 1980 KZ440 LTD. My first street bike. Just bought it this spring, and have already had to repair it several times. Also, we were able to truck my bike down to AR for a Triumph Tiger ride-in in October just so we'd have the chance to ride around together. So far I love it, except when it breaks. It's a blast to ride to work! Didn't have many problems keeping up with the Tiger riders, either. Currently having a problem starting the Kaw, (same problem I ended up with in AR) but I figure I'll take another look at it tomorrow.

Take care!
-G
St. Louis, MO
Black 1980 KZ 440 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another FNG 31 Dec 2006 16:53 #102700

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Welcome jeadra. Give us a bigger pic of the KZ.

There is also an archive section here, with lots of info on the KZ models.

Now you just got to get the husband on a KZ and you'll both ride a classic. ;)
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Another FNG 31 Dec 2006 17:00 #102701

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
New gal? You must be the only gal here. I thought Sandy was a girl(no offence) thats my girlfriend's name. It's nice to see a lady riding a bike, it inspires me!Not to be a girl riding a bike but to teach my girl how to ride, shes scared to be on something so little that has so much power. Do you have any tips for me to tell her?I got 2 bikes and I ride by myself now. I am the lone wolf rider
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Another FNG 31 Dec 2006 19:35 #102712

• pumps
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
jeadra: On the other side of the state here...I don't think you are the only woman here.There are more. You must post a pic of your ride for us and tell us about the problem you are experiencing.Also check kz400.com for lots of good info. What got you into riding? Where did you get your bike, what shape was it in. etc. I too am a fairly new rider as of last year.Rode a little many years ago but am really getting experience now.Glad to have you aboard.B)

Post edited by: pumps, at: 2006/12/31 22:40
Check out our site. kcvjmc.org
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650
2 KZ440 LTDs , a 79 KZ400H and an 83 Belt Drive

Another FNG 31 Dec 2006 20:08 #102713

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
Welcome to KZr jeadra. :)

Like pumps said, you're not the only female member here. Although we don't see many of the current ones online as often as the male members, I believe heartless is the female member that's around here most often.

My wife also got into riding recently (last June) and had a '96 Vulcan 750 awaiting her in the garage for when she grauduated from the MSF course.
Still trying to talk her into a KZ, but she's hooked on the "lazy boy" style seat on her Vulcan and pays more attention to it than she does to me! :ohmy: :laugh:

Have fun, take a look around the entire site, and by all means ride safe and have a Happy New Year! B)
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Another FNG 31 Dec 2006 20:13 #102714

• kzwolfsr
  • User
And it all comes out. Ladies if you are out there please come out of hiding. This is my lady but she prefers to just be a passenger

Post edited by: kzwolfsr, at: 2006/12/31 23:14
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Attachments:

---- 01 Jan 2007 07:41 #102750

• H1Vindicator
  • User
  • Thank you received: 45
----

Last edit: by H1Vindicator.

Another FNG 03 Jan 2007 20:37 #103280

• jeadra
  • jeadra's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the welcome! Good to see a few other women here, as well.
As for what got me into riding...it's just something I've always wanted to do. Dad got a Harley a few years ago, and the guy I married just happened to be into motorcycles, and not the cruiser kind. He had a KLR when I met him, then he traded up to a 2000 Triumph Tiger 955i. We went on a motorcycle tour two-up for 2 weeks from MO to AR, then through the southwest region as the "final test" to see if we'd really get married.
We did. With a Ural Sidecar, no less.

Our first purchase as a married couple was a pair of dirt bikes to see how I'd like riding on my own. Then we bought the KZ, several times owned, for $550. Lotsa dings & dents & scratches. I didn't think anything of the bike until other riders started asking me about it while I was riding it to work, etc. Now I'm feeling inspired to do a little more with it. While keeping an eye out for another bike with a little more power to it. ;)

Also,2 tips on getting her to ride:
1. start on dirt. And ride with her. A lot.
2. MSF course after she's comfy with dirt riding. And by all means, don't push her or tinker with her bike without her approval....that was probably one of the few times I've been really angry with him.
You know you're hooked when you start thinking about just taking your dirt bike for a quick spin through the alleys, hoping a cop doesn't stop you. :P

Thanks again for the welcome, I'll be off gathering as much info as I can!

Post edited by: jeadra, at: 2007/01/03 23:46
Attachments:

Another FNG 03 Jan 2007 21:01 #103286

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
kzwolfsr wrote:

New gal? You must be the only gal here. I thought Sandy was a girl(no offence) thats my girlfriend's name.

Oh, so THAT'S why You were always after Me for a picture !:ohmy: ...shame shame shame!:laugh: ...and My PHONE NUMBER!!
Just kidding.

Welcome to KZR,Jeadra!:woohoo:
Sweet little KZ You have there...very nice!

And Wolf...(Your) Sandy...the Girl...perdy niiiice!:whistle:
Your bike is nice,but I have to say...She makes it look even nicer,Bud!B)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

Another FNG 04 Jan 2007 07:02 #103308

• IowaKZ
  • User
  • '80 G1 Classic
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey, just wanted to add my welcome as well. I think that there are a few other ladies on this sight as well. Sounds like you have the KZ bug, that's great. We need to keep as many of these classics on the road as we can.;)
1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

---- 04 Jan 2007 08:17 #103316

• H1Vindicator
  • User
  • Thank you received: 45
----

Last edit: by H1Vindicator.

Another FNG 07 Jan 2007 09:28 #103943

• kzwolfsr
  • User
Thanks Sandy for the compliment and thanks Jeadra for the tips. If I do get my lady to ride she can have my SR650 for free, Ill just keep the 1000!

• Page: