Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Needed. A wiring harness. 22 Dec 2023 10:10 #893018

• SgtTimmyusmc
  • SgtTimmyusmc's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 15
So I acquired a seventy seven that you guys have seen before, Because I post pictures of it and i'm down right in love with it. The previous owner started a hackery on the wires to do a 1/2 ass cafe Racer. Thing is and now i'm finding problems the more miles I put on it. Yesterday I lost my neutral light. Is today I lost the break lamp light. I fear it's only a matter of time before a loose connection or a electrical issue causes something dangerous.

The wires have been hacked there's electrical tape stuck to things some Wires are crispy.

Electricity and wires are magic and voodoo. I am fully willing to pay the money for somebody to build a harness or direct me into the place to acquire one.

It is a 1977 KZ750 twin. A simple thing, that has had a rough past life.  All 34000 original miles. 

please help. 
1977 kawasaki kz750 twin.
2022 honda trail125.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SgtTimmyusmc. Reason: Spelling

Needed. A wiring harness. 22 Dec 2023 13:10 #893026

• Injected
  • User
  • Thank you received: 404
Current E bay item #375106813275 looks clean and only $123 shipped

The following user(s) said Thank You: SgtTimmyusmc

Last edit: by Injected.

Needed. A wiring harness. 22 Dec 2023 13:20 #893027

• SgtTimmyusmc
  • User
Your voodoo is strong. I couldn't find anything like this. But I also wasn't looking in Germany. I'm not sure but thank you so very much for the line on it. And once everything arrives I too will have one of these bikes that seems like it might cooperate and run well for years to come. 
2022 honda trail125.

Needed. A wiring harness. 24 Dec 2023 09:09 #893098

• asphalt900
  • User
  • Thank you received: 167
Great Afternoon to You. Going to combine a couple questions, one originally query for the wiring and the other for DBL front discs. Wiring is a simple thingy and because this 750 shared pretty much a lot of DNA from the KZ900 and early KZ1000 i would look for bits from those models as a suitable replacement. As far as the double front disc set-up upgrade?? Steve hit the nail on the head, KZ900-KZ1000 early is pretty much identical, might be damper assemblies within the forks that correct weight differences between models. BUT Your issue to find a suitable RH disc might be a bit trickier. The 77B did not have mag wheels muchless those corrugated rubber gaiters. Those were offered by Kawasaki but much later, like the Spectre. If i was a computer wiz i could have a better look but i ain't. Also noteworthy would be to remove those two #2 phillips head screws from that beauty cone cover around the axle. Some mags were drilled/tapped on both sides, some just one side. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Needed. A wiring harness. 28 Dec 2023 07:16 #893190

• Rusty B1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
In reference to the double disc issue- The early 750B  (1976-77)  sold in the UK were available with the cast wheels and dual front discs. 
Check out www.z750twin.de/index.htm and look under models section. You'll find a photo of one so equipped.
Possibly the later versions also but the calipers in front of the forks peg that as a 76 or 77 model (at least in the USA)
Russ
1976 kz750 B1 twin
1978 cb750
1982 cb900F
1998 Bandit 1200
The following user(s) said Thank You: asphalt900

Last edit: by Rusty B1.

Needed. A wiring harness. 29 Dec 2023 02:34 #893269

• asphalt900
  • User
Euro always got the cool stuff as standard equipment, we had to pay extra for it, ha. Handy to know about that mag option Rusty!! Would make sense because of the timeline with the LTD900 though

Needed. A wiring harness. 13 Feb 2024 06:26 #895209

• SgtTimmyusmc
  • User
And the saga continues. 

Blinkers are now gone too. I am parking the ole girl until the weekend. See about swapping out the chopped up stuff.. 

I learned the bars, risers, and all the controls were swapped from what I think was a Honda from an unknown year. More wire hackery. This thing is giving me a gnarly headache. 

Ordered the eBay harness, got it. Yesterday the cluster harness came in. I hate wires. 
2022 honda trail125.

Needed. A wiring harness. 08 Mar 2024 08:36 #896154

• SgtTimmyusmc
  • User
Holy hell in a hand basket.

I am in WAY OVER MY HEAD. 

the ebay harness kinda matches but not really. 
the bike is 27 flavors of basket case. 

I have the service manual. I have wiring diagrams. I have no idea why nothing matches the bike. 

I sending up a flare.
I need help. 

At the moment I have the bike striped down, no plastics. I have the tank off. I am looking at all of the electrical tape wrapped and twisted..melted and singed here and there. 

2022 honda trail125.
Attachments:

Needed. A wiring harness. 08 Mar 2024 13:19 #896178

• asphalt900
  • User
What Happened, thought you would of found a replacement by now! Do you have your original one, or is that the one shown? Don;t get frustrated. 

Needed. A wiring harness. 08 Mar 2024 13:51 #896181

• SgtTimmyusmc
  • User
I thought that it was going to work out. The bikes harness has been so hacked up that the OEM harness that I thought that I had found from Germany was going to work. And now I have the bike apart, and I am honestly in a bad state that I feel like I'm not going to be able to handle this job. I love this bike I enjoy it quite a bit but I really honestly think I need to have something that starts off completely stock before I should try to trifle with something that someone else has molested heavily. The best I can tell is he was trying to end up with something like a cafe racer and in the end he didn't complete it but he'd already cut up the harness it has controls from a Honda Shadow because he couldn't Source proper ones I don't know. Frankly I am frustrated beyond all belief and I want to just drop this thing off and have somebody make it right. If there was something wrong with the motor I could have it tore apart and fixed without a problem I'm really good with Hardware when it comes to wires I am an absolute useless human.
2022 honda trail125.

Needed. A wiring harness. 08 Mar 2024 14:41 #896182

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1623
It would be handy to verify what wire harness you got. Assuming it's correct....

You're going to have to be methodical and start labeling everything. probably not going to figure it out in a weekend or even a week.  
I would start at the front of the harness and see if you can figure out what plugs into it. and keep plugging away at it. ha ha.
Going by the size and shape of the plastic connectors, some stuff should be obvious. 
The more stuff you figure out, the unknown stuff should be easier to pin down later on.

The parts diagram drawings might help. partzilla would probably be best >> you could open a window for each drawing. electrical. meters. ignition. generator. etc etc.

If the wire colors are hard to see, try cleaning w silicone spray or something. I use Liquid wrench silicone spray lubricant on a lot of stuff. metal, plastic, rubber, wires.

ps: adhesive address labels from the office supply might be handy. I looked for wire harness labels but didn't find anything, not cheap anyway.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Needed. A wiring harness. 08 Mar 2024 14:52 #896183

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1791
I would suggest first laying the new loom on the floor next to the bike, when it's layed out where things go becomes more obvious. Then sort out your battery leads up to the fuse box, starter cable and starter solonoid. (Don't connect the battery at this stage) then build from there constantly referring back to the diagram
PS: if you can work out what the switches are from and want to retain them, sort a wiring diagram for the donor and I will be able to tell you what connects to where on the Kawa harness

Last edit: by Wookie58.
  • Page: