Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lost a Giant 11 Jul 2023 06:50 #887099

• MotorcycleMechanic86
  • Visitor
That’s what I thought the sticker looked out of place

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lost a Giant 11 Jul 2023 07:01 #887101

• zed1015
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1469

Do you think the pics i posted are really #1 framed kosman?
It may be a Kosman frame as it looks similar to the one with the Z1R tank in the first pic from what can be seen but i doubt it's number one and there's no way that sticker is original..
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Lost a Giant 12 Dec 2023 09:41 #892653

• MLMG
  • User
  • See you in the wind.
  • Thank you received: 35
I see that those engines are really powerful. Sorry for asking silly questions, but how many horsepower do those machines have? What speeds do they reach and in how many meters? It's just that we don't have anything like that here. Thank you.
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 A1

Lost a Giant 12 Dec 2023 12:01 #892655

• zed1015
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1469

I see that those engines are really powerful. Sorry for asking silly questions, but how many horsepower do those machines have? What speeds do they reach and in how many meters? It's just that we don't have anything like that here. Thank you.
The green Orient Express turbo funny i posted is dyno'd at 250hp with 30psi boost and runs 8.2 quarters at 170mph.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

The following user(s) said Thank You: MLMG

Lost a Giant 12 Dec 2023 12:21 #892656

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
These records were in or about  1980   Enlarge picture to read numbers   8.30s  
And were for different classes  with different cc motors   to fit a class  
As small as 900cc  to 1200cc
The bike is the first one in this post  from me .
Not bad for 43 years ago
Our 12 inch tired bike was  quicker and faster  
Horserpower Zed quotes  is  a fair number 
But we sometimes ran a lot of Nitrous  which was a great way to  torch a motor
Hope this helps
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
Attachments:

Last edit: by Street Fighter LTD.

Lost a Giant 12 Dec 2023 15:03 #892670

• MLMG
  • User
  • See you in the wind.

The green Orient Express turbo funny i posted is dyno'd at 250hp with 30psi boost and runs 8.2 quarters at 170mph.

Amazing, I can only imagine it. I'm also impressed by how durable the parts of these engines are.
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 A1

Lost a Giant 12 Dec 2023 15:13 #892672

• MLMG
  • User
  • See you in the wind.

These records were in or about  1980   Enlarge picture to read numbers   8.30s  
And were for different classes  with different cc motors   to fit a class  
As small as 900cc  to 1200cc
The bike is the first one in this post  from me .
Not bad for 43 years ago
Our 12 inch tired bike was  quicker and faster  
Horserpower Zed quotes  is  a fair number 
But we sometimes ran a lot of Nitrous  which was a great way to  torch a motor
Hope this helps
Dave
Thank you so much for sharing, that's what I call fun! What an experience. You were already flying when I was just a baby; I am 44 years old. 
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 A1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Lost a Giant 16 Dec 2023 05:30 #892777

• Injected
  • Injected's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 415

Amazing, I can only imagine it. I'm also impressed by how durable the parts of these engines are.

I know a guy local to me who developed his own Z1 based Kawasaki Top Fuel bike, he said the stock cases/head are good to about the 400-450 HP range before they become unreliable.

Lost a Giant 16 Dec 2023 05:51 #892778

• Dragbike_Mike
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 105

I know a guy local to me who developed his own Z1 based Kawasaki Top Fuel bike, he said the stock cases/head are good to about the 400-450 HP range before they become unreliable.

Injected, I think that you're spot on with that.  I once asked Jewel Graves (builder and tuner of Gerry Graves Kaw funnybike) if there was any advantage to running MkII cases vs early KZ cases.  His reply was that either would start coming apart at about 450hp.  You would think that the MkII cases, which appear to be beefier, would have the advantage - I guess not!

Mike
Presently - 1980 KZ1000B4 LTD w/mild ported head, Megacycle cams, 1015cc Wiseco, Falicon Supercrank, R&D undercut trans
In a former life - KZ-based dragbike - CrMo car tire chassis, 1395cc, Hahn Racecraft turbo system, VP C16, Orient Express 3-spd auto, 7.80's @ 165-170.

Lost a Giant 16 Dec 2023 05:53 #892779

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972

I would agree

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragbike_Mike, MLMG

Lost a Giant 16 Dec 2023 09:48 #892788

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 519
Did you know? Sandy Kosman was Autistic?
the Late, Great “PUPPET” of RACEVISIONS fame told me a story once. When he took a Greyhound bus trip to California in early 80’s to visit Kosman. Some of Pup’s ideas started with Sandy! Pup was an inovator! With Elmer, Jim McClure and Larry Spider-Man!
Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

• Page: