Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

ideas for my new paint (when this bike ever gets done lol) 16 May 2006 04:58 #47652

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 305
77KZ650:

Spend some time poking around the huge photo section of www.kawasaki-z.de The Europeans have really explored the color combos on old Z's. You should find many of the combinations you are thinking about and many you haven't even considered :woohoo:
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ideas for my new paint (when this bike ever gets done lol) 16 May 2006 05:43 #47662

• jtmcculloch
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
green frame and/or pin strip - yuck

just my opinion - black, black w/metal flake or charcole metal flake frames look best.
76 KZ1075
93 ZR1100
71 Moto-guzzi 750
2001 ZR-7S

ideas for my new paint (when this bike ever gets done lol) 17 May 2006 22:01 #48162

• newbikekiller
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well if your accepting ideas.
I knew my kawasaki had to be green, but I thought the ninja green was too distasteful looking on the old yeller (after all the green kawak used back then was darker, almost emerald looking).

So I went with a toyota green and plenty of metallic flake, after removing all that nasty looking old badging business with bondo. I got the full setup, including two stages of primer, all the mixins, all the sandpaper, all the required supplies for 220$ from my local Knights Auto (napa). I'll have to get some pictures up here when my friend gets done with his digital camera. It looks very sharp. I have not seen a good looking frame painted anything other than black, it seems like too much for me, but maybe I'm too conservative.

ideas for my new paint (when this bike ever gets done lol) 18 May 2006 08:52 #48233

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
Mcdroid wrote:

77KZ650:

Spend some time poking around the huge photo section of www.kawasaki-z.de The Europeans have really explored the color combos on old Z's. You should find many of the combinations you are thinking about and many you haven't even considered :woohoo:

Seconded. There's everything from moderate mods to *waaaay wild and crazy* on display there. Lots of really original concepts...