Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Advice on relocating front turn-signals 25 Apr 2006 07:42 #42487

• rammy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
rammy wrote:

When I get the chance I am going to get another set of these turn signals and mount them were the bolts are for the headlight mount is.They are a very good price and are very bright on a sunny day were you can still see them.

Post edited by: rammy, at: 2006/04/25 10:39<br><br>Post edited by: rammy, at: 2006/04/25 10:41

The barn yard;77 Kz650B-1 Kaw(the fun one) & 89 classic hog.
Chicago area-south burbs
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advice on relocating front turn-signals 25 Apr 2006 07:51 #42491

• waterman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
When I changed from the LTD bars over to superbikes I had to move the signals also. Similar to Werewolf, I took the reflector off of the side of the headlight and drilled out the hole. However, I got a signal post from Partsmore (or wherever) that is a match to the post on the rear signals and took the old directional off of the small mounting bracket (it is the same unit as is on the back) and mounted them to the knew posts. Then I went to the hardware store and made it work. It looked like this from the side (not a very good picture from the standpoint of the directional--sorry--headlight is hanging out too)
Attachments:

Advice on relocating front turn-signals 25 Apr 2006 07:57 #42493

• MattBlack
  • User
JMKZHI wrote:

MattBlack wrote:

...I got rid of those rusty thin fork ears and the news ones give it such a better look IMO of course. :whistle:

The stock look of the fork ears is my preference; I like the bigger early-style turn signals too.:)

Yeah, mine were shot though along with a lot of other parts on the bike. So instead of spending money on finding new original parts, I went with a different look in aftermarket.

Don't get me wrong though, I like all the original stuff if that's the look I were after. B)

Advice on relocating front turn-signals 25 Apr 2006 10:23 #42521

• Werewolfx
  • User
Nevco48 wrote:

You guys were up late last night, weren't you? When you switched to more normal bars from the LTD bars, how much stuff did you have to replace- I'm thinking about doing it, but my clutch and throttle cables and front brake line will all be too long.

I had LTD bars on mine before, and all I had to replace were my grips, and I didn't NEED to replace those..I got those off without damaging them. The brake line has a couple extra curves (not really bends) in it, and my throttle cables actually STOPPED sticking when I switched bars.

My signals in back are red single sided trailer stop/turn/tail lights, similar to the front, so mine looks matched, and actually a little better than a lot of stock lights, imo. ;)
Chris

Advice on relocating front turn-signals 25 Apr 2006 12:33 #42561

• wireman
  • Visitor
this is how i solve the problem on all of my bikes!;)
Attachments:

Advice on relocating front turn-signals 25 Apr 2006 12:36 #42563

• wireman
  • Visitor
anybody see a pattern forming here with the turn signals?
Attachments:

Advice on relocating front turn-signals 25 Apr 2006 12:38 #42564

• wireman
  • Visitor
Attachments:

Advice on relocating front turn-signals 25 Apr 2006 13:01 #42571

• waterman
  • User
Cute wireman, but in my state (PA) the bike wouldn't pass inspection so the answer isn't universal. As far as the rest of the lines, when I put different bars on my LTD I also rode for a year with a curve in my brakeline and my MC at a slant. I got rid of it by replacing my MC with a Bandit MC and SS brakelines. I replaced the clutch cable with a standard kz1000 cable. The weird thing was that the only throttle cable available for my bike is the LTD model, so I rerouted it so that it wouldn't make the motor race.

Advice on relocating front turn-signals 25 Apr 2006 13:39 #42576

• wireman
  • Visitor
yeah were lucky nebraska and iowa dont have any kind of inspection,as far as cables and controls id go with kz parts like waterman said.;) goodluck,happy wrenching!

Advice on relocating front turn-signals 25 Apr 2006 14:42 #42596

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
I put some aftermarket ones on the frame under the tank where the reflectors were.
Mark

Post edited by: Mark Wing, at: 2006/04/25 17:44
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

Advice on relocating front turn-signals 25 Apr 2006 15:25 #42602

• AzKZ650
  • AzKZ650's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Wow, alot of great ideas :) I think I'm going to watch ebay and see if I can find some cheap fork ears, but if that doesn't pan out I'll try and do something like what Werewolfx JMKZH1,& Waterman did. Wireman those are some nice bikes, but I don't think I can get away with it around here.
Nevco my clutch cable is waayy to long (you can see the giant loop on my original picture). I plan on contacting Jeff @Z1 with the length and seeing what he recommends, but the install of the bars wasn't to bad. My friend works in a machine-shop and he slotted the new bars for me so I could run the wires inside, I rewrapped the wires with electrical tape and that was pretty much it.

Thanks Guys

Advice on relocating front turn-signals 25 Apr 2006 20:44 #42688

• mykznme
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
waterman wrote:

Cute wireman, but in my state (PA) the bike wouldn't pass inspection so the answer isn't universal. As far as the rest of the lines, when I put different bars on my LTD I also rode for a year with a curve in my brakeline and my MC at a slant. I got rid of it by replacing my MC with a Bandit MC and SS brakelines. I replaced the clutch cable with a standard kz1000 cable. The weird thing was that the only throttle cable available for my bike is the LTD model, so I rerouted it so that it wouldn't make the motor race.

what is this inspection you speak of???

every state ive spent more then 6months in couldnt care less if your bike had signals just as long as you had a license.(most didnt even require more then a moto permit)
ive lived and rode in kansas, (yea btchalice, witchita)
michigan,south carolina,ohio and kentucky

R.I.P. Odd Ivar