Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Z1 bare bones cafe - pics 22 Mar 2006 21:17 #33597

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
That sounds like a great idea dutchz! B)

Any idea on which weekend, barring of course another wet weekend courtesy of Mother Nature?

I haven't totally decided on exactely wich fairing, but I've kind of narrowed it down to 3 so far, all frame mounted styles. And fabbing some kind of mounting brackets shouldn't be to difficult either.

I like the CR750 fairing and body kit, and it would look pretty good on my Kawi.
And either the Duc half fairing or "The Cool One".
Of course the "The Cool One" would look even better on my bike if the blond came along with it. ;)
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Z1 bare bones cafe - pics 23 Mar 2006 08:42 #33681

• dutchz
  • dutchz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
The "Cool one" is not going to fit, look at how tiny that thing is. That's probably off a 100-125cc. Too bad, cause the blondes we sell are pretty good.:lol:

The CR750 fairing will probably fit, it can be spread or tucked in at the bottom to fit different bikes. You do need to run rearsets with this fairing, see how far it comes back? The CR750 tank has a different tunnel design, don't think it fits a KZ chassis. The Duc 1/2 will probably slip right on, with clubmans or clipons that is. We also sell a large Dunstall fairing that's pretty universal.

I'm going to bring my bike up here sometime to see what tanks we have that work (or can be made to work) with the three top tubes on a Z chassis (or kz900/1000). The kz650 is just a bit smaller.

Good thing you live close so you actually have the opportunity to come by and test fit some stuff!
1974 Kawasaki Z1
Stock front hub and rear axle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.