TOPIC:

AIR SHOCKS 17 Aug 2006 15:18 #70371

• roy-b-boy-b
  • roy-b-boy-b's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
I removed the boots as they were bad. Roy
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AIR SHOCKS 17 Aug 2006 22:25 #70502

• Mikes82KZ1100
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
wagonmaster69 wrote:

I am parting out a 82 KZ1100 that had air shocks on it before dont have the shocks but do have the splitter for the air lines one for the air hose and two going to the shocks.Let me know if anybody interested.

I may be contacting you for a few parts off that 82. I should get mine home this weekend and then start looking it over to see what all it needs. Mike

AIR SHOCKS 18 Aug 2006 05:12 #70550

• heartless
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
my 84 KZ550 has air shocks with adjustable damping...

the other half's Voyager has air shocks with it's own compressor, adjustable at the touch of a button (also has air adjustable forks - same adjustment capabilitites) The Voyager actually has two air compressors, one for the suspension, one for the stock air horns.:blink:

AIR SHOCKS 18 Aug 2006 06:31 #70567

• roy-b-boy-b
  • roy-b-boy-b's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
Honk! Honk!
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

AIR SHOCKS 18 Aug 2006 07:38 #70592

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Roy, I sent that little package to Jamie on Tuesday so he should be looking in the mailbox today or tomorrow. Tell him that if he goes to church, to wear the thing I sent him! He will be looking gooooood!

By the way, those shocks were made by a company call Kayaba or something like that. I think the current VN series shocks are made for Kaw by the same company. The Nomad, VN750 and perhaps other Vulcans shocks by that compay. I had them on my Nomad and hated them. The spring rate was too soft and my missus and I would bottom all the time when riding two-up. Jacking up the air doesn't provide a soft ride... far from it! It was jarring. Perhaps with higher rate springs, the air shocks would have worked better. I got rid of them in favor of Progressive 440s which while expensive, gave a much more plush ride. Keep in mind that the Nomad weighs about 800 lbs and isn't a light bike like the VN700/750 so we are probably talking apples/oranges. I think if you look up Kayaba doing a google search, you will find that they are a leading maker of OEM suspension bits and also known as KYB as well.... almost all OEM suspension bits are made by them or Showa. Kayaba all makes OEM car stuff I think... www.kayaba.co.uk
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: