Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone Ever Use FASTENAL For Shipping Dock to Dock?? 01 Feb 2024 20:34 #894741

• sf4t7
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 256
I wouldn't think a frame on a pallet would be very stable to put another pallet on top of it.  But better safe than sorry.
Scotty

1974 Z1A
welded Z1 crank
Andrews 1X Cams
Delkevic 4 into 1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cra-z1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone Ever Use FASTENAL For Shipping Dock to Dock?? 01 Feb 2024 20:55 #894744

• z1kzonly
  • z1kzonly's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 519
I checked yesterday at my local FASTENAL. 5 minutes from me. They must do good here!
they still have counter sales with a $25 minimum.
they use 3PL, call this #. 3rd Party Logistics RequestFor more information, contact your local branch, call the Fastenal 3PL team at 855-798-5695, or fill out the form at  www.fastenal.com/3pl .Quote requests will receive responses within approximately 24 hours during normal business hours.

another option is Old Dominion Frieght.
Dock to Dock. Palletize your goods! Put it on a pick up or trailer. They come out and pick it up with a fork lift. Other end, person picks up at the dock same way.

Marty in Buffalo
Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

The following user(s) said Thank You: sf4t7

Anyone Ever Use FASTENAL For Shipping Dock to Dock?? 08 Feb 2024 11:24 #895005

• Cra-z1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 85
I ended up shipping the 1980 KZ1000 frame this past Monday. through Fastenal.  Not as cheap as I had hoped. Got into Phoenix and Fed Ex was open so called their help desk to see how much to ship to Idaho from Phoenix. Got excited when they said $197 for the weight and size so got into the truck and rushed over there. Well it turned out it would be $411.00. Guy says that happens all the time with there phone quotes. Good news I have a Fed X account so it would drop it down to maybe $390. So I wait till Monday to get a quote from Fastenal. Got it all boxed up and braced and strapped it to a pallet measuring 54x40x25 at 100lbs with the pallet. Cost $332. I was hoping it would be a bit cheaper like $200 or so. Bottom line you can save a bit of cash, but  it's a bit of a hassle to get it on a pallet and deliver it to Fastenal. Not all Fastenal locations will accept that frt shipment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, sf4t7, Mikaw

• Page: