Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cleaning Tires? 28 Jun 2006 14:51 #57824

• cnyl
  • cnyl's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
What does everybody use to clean the sides of their tires? How do ya keep em new lookin?
1982 KZ1000 M2 CSR
North Port, FL

Check out my band
www.myspace.com/tukrhill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cleaning Tires? 28 Jun 2006 15:10 #57826

• andyman236
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Get yourself a can of no touch tire care. Usually only about 4.99 a can and youjust spray it on and walk away. Works great.

Cleaning Tires? 28 Jun 2006 16:17 #57845

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 237
I just leave them alone, or if overly oily wipe with a dry rag, or if just road dirt wipe with a wet sponge. Just my opinion, but there is nothing goofier looking than these guys that spray tire crap on their tires and it's all shiney and wet looking. For one thing it just doesn't look right, and it also gets all over the wheels and makes a huge mess. I'm not trying to say the last post was incorrect, as they may make a good tire spray and that may be one, but those ones that make the tires all wet looking, like a cheap car lot uses are just wrong.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Cleaning Tires? 28 Jun 2006 16:23 #57850

• ejshotgun
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I have to agree w/RonKZ I just wipe them down w/rag.

Cleaning Tires? 28 Jun 2006 18:54 #57903

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
get a blender...about 4 bananas, 3 Kiwi Fruit, 2 nice ripe oranges, a bag of doritos (any kind) and oh yeah a good bottle of Tequila. A lawn chair, a good dog, a good woman. Sit in the chair and consume the consumables. Pet the dog, tell the woman you love her then look at the tire. Guaranteed it will look like the best tire in the world. Anything that rolls around on the ground has no business being shiney and new. Damp rag to get off the stuff that looks like it's gonna cake!:ohmy:

2 cents:blink:

Cleaning Tires? 28 Jun 2006 19:14 #57915

• neilage66
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
There is a product out there that's actually "good" for tires called 303 Protectant. It was developed by/for the military for preserving and conditioning rubber seals on aircraft such as door seals. It also contains ultra-violet ray protection which inhibits rubber deterioration , drying and cracking, etc.
I first heard of the stuff years ago when I installed a convertible top on an old IH Scout. The Bestop Co. specifically recommended it and I found it at a paint and body shop locally. It worked wonders on the black top and the "eisenglass" windows...no yellowing or cracking either.
It's safe for rubber, plastic, fiberglass, plex and others. Yes it makes your tires a little shiny for a bit-o-time (keep it off the tread bearing surface) and no, I'm not a stockholder!
:P

Cleaning Tires? 28 Jun 2006 19:14 #57916

• kzmarvo
  • User
Could always pee on em? Might work, give it a try and get back to me.:dry: :whistle: :woohoo:
Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

Cleaning Tires? 28 Jun 2006 19:32 #57922

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
andyman236 wrote:

Get yourself a can of no touch tire care. Usually only about 4.99 a can and youjust spray it on and walk away. Works great.

Although I DO like Gris's idea...LMAO...the "No-Touch" tire spray DOES work!
It actually works really good for cleaning(dust)out of hard to get places.too!B)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

Cleaning Tires? 28 Jun 2006 19:37 #57924

• richie1
  • User
i use meguires tire gel

Cleaning Tires? 28 Jun 2006 19:52 #57932

• kzmarvo
  • User
Although i like a clean bike i gotta say that the tire spray thing just kinda seems fruity. They are tires, they are gonna get dirty. BUT like i always say 'whatever floats your boat';)
Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

Cleaning Tires? 28 Jun 2006 20:35 #57948

• wireman
  • Visitor
a carwash atowel to dry off the rest of bike and a ride down the interstate to blow dry the rest!:P

Cleaning Tires? 28 Jun 2006 20:44 #57950

• 77kz700?
  • User
The last thing you want to do is have nice shiny tires on a bike that's laying flat on it's side in the middle of the road.:ohmy:

• Page: