Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pipe Bridge - What an odd name - Where to find one. 06 Apr 2006 12:47 #37256

• skippr76KZ
  • skippr76KZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Oh Yeah! I've been saving the best for last. All the paint's been done for 6 months or better. Got new badges and everything. It's not classic red - but an off-red as you can tell from the side panel. The tank looks the same. My painter is out of the KC area. He put down the primer/sealer, silver metaflake, 2 or 3 coats of Candy Red and 4 layers of clear. He's a budding young star of auto restorations. And just had his rebuilt 57 Chevy Belair covered in one of the national chevy magazines. He has never done a bike before. I asked him if he would do mine. Super nice guy, honest and meticulous. He doesn't do it for a living, just does paint on his own projects. I'll have to post the complete set to my site. I wasn't sure anybody was even looking at it! :laugh:
1976 KZ900LTD Fully Restored
2000 Vulcan FI Classic
1998 Ducati ST2, Gone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pipe Bridge - What an odd name - Where to find one. 06 Apr 2006 13:05 #37260

• zkrobz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I was online earlier just looking around and think I found the part you need at Redline.
www.redlinecycle.com.

Pipe Bridge - What an odd name - Where to find one. 06 Apr 2006 15:38 #37303

• wireman
  • Visitor
$55.00 for 1 replacement rubber line at redline cycle!:blink: :unsure: :S :dry: :sick: wow! im going to keep collecting good stock ones ,i go through and make sure they arent dryrotted then i send them out to have the ends chrome plated,they turn out pretty nice.im going to check at the hydraulic shop that makes hoses for my trucks and tractors to see if they can get the right banjo fittings to make origional looking brake lines,it couldnt be that expensive ive had big hydraulic lines made for less than that!:whistle: goodluck,happy wrenching!

Pipe Bridge - What an odd name - Where to find one. 07 Apr 2006 13:18 #37613

• galaxian
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Redline does really good work but their prices are somewhat more than other places on the web or otherwise. Dealing with Jim can also be an experience as well. I will say that the bikes that come out of that shop are very high quality though. The place is about 20 minutes from me so i have been going in their for years just to look at the Z1s and KZs that they had sitting in the showroom.
1977 KZ1000A1, 1979 KZ650 C3

Pipe Bridge - What an odd name - Where to find one. 07 Apr 2006 15:58 #37652

• skippr76KZ
  • skippr76KZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Sure, I know about Redline. I've heard from numerous sources that they do good work. I called Jim back last fall and priced my engine rebuild with him. It was very pricey, but I felt fairly confident it would have been good work. I ended up sending it to someone just as good if not better for a little less. wireman - pipebridge on the way....:whistle:
1976 KZ900LTD Fully Restored
2000 Vulcan FI Classic
1998 Ducati ST2, Gone

Pipe Bridge - What an odd name - Where to find one. 07 Apr 2006 16:03 #37654

• wireman
  • Visitor
okie-dokie!:whistle:

• Page: