Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

braided steel brake lines 05 Apr 2006 05:05 #36835

• The Fish
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I'll have to agree with the Ape. The braided brake lines give a better feel and last so much longer.
I usually make up a set for every bike I own and I usually convert all my bike to dual disc.
Fish

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

braided steel brake lines 05 Apr 2006 05:17 #36839

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
  • Thank you received: 7
Kawbeach749 wrote:

New rubber brake lines, or new braided steel lines?
Is their a diff.? And if so wheres the best place to find cheap steel lines?
thanks

Please see THIS THREAD !

The new braided lines I got are awesome. And not that hard to install. The guys at mgcycle.com were great...

:)
(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

braided steel brake lines 05 Apr 2006 10:09 #36915

• wireman
  • Visitor
braided brake lines have a firmer feel no doubt about it,but my point is drilled brake rotors are lighter and run cooler,good brake pads make a vast improvement,and going through brake system and flushing the old brake fluid and bleeding brakes real good have as much affect if not more than just bolting on braided brake lines.just my personal experiance.goodluck,happy wrenching!:whistle:

braided steel brake lines 05 Apr 2006 16:27 #37004

• letthegoodtimesroll
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I tried looking on buykawasaki.com to see if the part #s were the same for the KZ650C1 as for the KZ1000 but couldn't get the 1000 to come up. Will these lines fit the 650? Thanks
1977 KZ650C1, Kerker Header, Dyna ignition and coils, GPZ 750 oil pan and cooler

braided steel brake lines 05 Apr 2006 16:38 #37010

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35

...you should view the risks of your old rubber brake lines the same way you view the risks of using a condom you have had sitting in your wallet for 25 years.

So it would be good practice to replace my rubber condom with a braided steel condom?

Not to hijack or anything but how many are still using a 25 year old wallet. I mean in continuous use, not one of the 5 you got for xmas and b'day every year whole growing up.

Don't answer here, go ovet ot chit-chat and start an old wallet thread...

I just retired my daily wear belt. It had been holding up my jeans since 1968. Not the same jeans. Jenas don't seen to last. Which is OK because they need to be bigger abotu the time they are wearing out.

-Duck

Post edited by: Duck, at: 2006/04/05 19:39

braided steel brake lines 05 Apr 2006 20:50 #37112

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
RonKZ650 wrote:

You can spend whatever money you want on braided lines for the good looks if you like them. Expect zero difference in function though.

Absolutely correct when you are comparing new rubber lines against new stainless lines. Keep in mind that everyone I have ever read saying stainless was a great improvement was comparing against old rubber lines, not new ones :)

They do look cool though, and if I had the money to spare I'd put some on my bikes :D
KD9JUR

braided steel brake lines 05 Apr 2006 21:16 #37122

• Kawbeach749
  • Kawbeach749's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
thanks for all the replys, you guys made up my mind. Im goin get some steel lines. But dont think Im a "all go no show" guy, I already have the caliper rebuild kits, the mastercyclinders are off and in the process of being cleaned. Ill have to check on minimal rotor thickness. Maybe ill replace those if their in need.
thanks again!

braided steel brake lines 12 Apr 2006 15:51 #39028

• kzbikeman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Just picked up a set of braided steel for my 81 J model.

www.oilfilterservice.com

Kinda pricey compared to some of the quotes I have seen here. Almost have the master cylinder rebuilt with a new window from the clutch cover and rebuilt calipers. I expect a major difference. I rebuilt the back system with an OEM line (new) and it was more expensive than the braided steel! I have major difference in stopping power. Of course the bike had seen no maintenance in the last 10 years...:angry:

• Page: