Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Thoughts on heated grips? 30 Mar 2006 22:26 #35654

• delkron97
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
heated grips are the shit, i am on 2nd bike with em installed. personally, i wont do without. i rode home tonight from work and had to turn em off, not that cold out though. normally they will get so hot i have to let go to get some air on em to cool em down a bit. my last bike i installed same grips but wired in hi-lo switch. got lazy this time and left out hi-lo switch. so when they are on...they r on hi...all the time. even with normal riding gloves, they get HOT!....just takes em a while to get there. low amperage draw, your 650 will handle it just fine. another item i will not do without either is a electric vest, worth its weight in gold. i run em both all the time and doesnt affect charging system what so ever. pick up both items, it is a night and day differencs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thoughts on heated grips? 31 Mar 2006 04:54 #35674

• c_aasland
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I'll second delkron97's input.

I've run heated grips for many years on my VFR, all my friends bikes, my brother's bike, my wife's two bikes, and just installed them on my dad's KZ1100 this past weekend.

These are the ones I use:

www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/heated_grip_kit1.htm

and then I buy new grips, the Progrip Gel's, as they dampen some vibration but more importantly they are slightly sticky even in the rain. I've heard the foam wraparounds are pretty slick when wet.

I've tried the hotgrips but didn't like the hard plastic (maybe they sold me the wrong ones?) and they require a little extra thought regarding resistor placement (the Dual-star's don't use a resistor - it has two sets of wires in each element).

There is no subsitute. I have installed DL650 handguards on the VFR but it doesn't block enough wind, the heated grips are much more effective.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: