Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What is my speedo ratio? 24 Mar 2006 21:33 #34123

• twowheeledterror
  • Visitor
wiredgeorge wrote:

Elcid... I sort of promote searching but I think it would be far easier to search the Filebase / Articles and not muck around looking at old threads. Most folks who post a thread use terrible names to search on... I just hope folks stop ragging others for not searching. If we had a strong Filebase/Article section, then this would elminate a lot of the irritation of looking at the same questions from every new person coming to the site but we ain't there quite yet. Almost every one of you folks have learned some GOOD stuff that I wish I knew. I don't even know what I don't know and if you took the time to put it down, I could look through it and learn something new. That is the MAIN reason I am here... to learn something new...

And TWT! Do you have an explanation for what the ratios are? If you are right about the 2240:60 and 2:1 both working, then the numbers can't be direct ratios and I really and truly don't understand how these ratios work. There are only a couple guys I know of who I could ask... If ANYONE knows what these ratios represent, it sure would be interesting to hear. Why didn't the 2240:60 get reduced to say 1120:30 or 560:15? The numbers must not be ratio... must mean something else...

As I said, to be precise you would use 2240:60. As for the reason or the sciences behind it, I don't know. I will look into it for you.

Here's a descrip for a mini speedo on old bike barn:

"All Japanese Motorcycles are equipped with speedometers of 2240 RPM= 60mph! This will work on all Japanese bikes with cable driven speedo! Universal on all Japanese Bikes - Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki. Great for Cafe Racer or Retro Projects."

You may want to email them and as them specifically? All I know is that the CORRECT ratio for our bikes is 2240:60.

From what I can tell our bike should read 60mph at 2240 RPM's in top gear.

Post edited by: twowheeledterror, at: 2006/03/25 00:34

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What is my speedo ratio? 14 Apr 2006 15:39 #39556

• elcid
  • elcid's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
ok so is their a certain ratio for the tach or can I get any tach? KZ650 that is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.