• Page:

TOPIC:

New ti Site, Thanks for help already!!! 16 Sep 2006 19:09 #77312

• Six9GS
  • Six9GS's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Update:
I received the stuff Friday. Looks good. Was debating about which way to go concerning the sensors. Either cut down the KZ900 plate to fit on my 650. Or, Mount the sensors on my existing point plate. The second option looked most appealing. Some soldering work would be required since the plate supplied with the DynaIII system is actually a circuit board with traces and such. However, electrically it would not be hard to adapt. I am electronics technician by training, although I'm currently making maps for a living (long story). Anyway, due to the fact that the magnet thingy has too big of a diameter, it will not fit through the center hole on my existing point plate. Therefore I must cut down the plate made for the 900. I figure I will use some double sided sticky tape to "mount" the two plates together. I just have to be very careful to align the centers. After that I can use a dremel tool to cut away the one plate to match the other plate. Since the plate I am cutting is basically fiberglass printer circuit board while the other is steel of some sort, seems to me like it should work.
I'll see about getting some pics of it. But, no guarentees.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New ti Site, Thanks for help already!!! 19 Sep 2006 17:58 #77955

• Six9GS
  • Six9GS's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Project completed!!!!
Just finished the test drive. It seems to run just fine. Nice and smooth too! My idea to double sided tape the two plates together and use a dremel tool to cut the one plate to match the other one worked just fine. From there, it was just normal installation work. Surprisingly I encountered no problems. That's rare!!!
It also cranked right up!! Fine tuned the timing with a timing light and it's all done!!!
Wooo Hooo My bike is back on the road!!

Thanks All!

Terry!

PS. Sorry, no pics.

New ti Site, Thanks for help already!!! 19 Sep 2006 19:15 #78006

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
That's awesome,Terry...right ON!!:woohoo:
Good Job...BOB!!:laugh:
1977 KZ1000 A-1

• Page: