Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

750 twin and Mallory Hyfire - Wonder if they'll respond? 22 Aug 2006 22:29 #71752

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Right on! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

750 twin and Mallory Hyfire - Wonder if they'll respond? 23 Aug 2006 08:58 #71814

• securitygeek
  • securitygeek's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well, here is the latest from Century Performance. Yes, I realized that I was probably asking a product distributor a technical question, but with the information they presented on their web site, I thought I would get a reasonable response. I guess I was wrong.

From: Sales Support [mailto: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.]
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:26 PM
To: Hanson, Jeffrey A.
Subject: RE: Mallory Hyfire

Your ignorance is bliss .... Enjoy it. First, take comfort in knowing that we are NOT Mallory. I have to laugh. In your little world you do not even know who you are communicating with. The box is not "our"
product, it is Mallory's. Secondly ... Take a guess, if you can wrap your mind around it, as to why we would tell you the system does not work on 2-cylinder engines. When something fails, be sure to blame the source ...
Yourself. Why would myself or the engineers at Mallory state that the unit is not designed to work on two cylinder engines if it did actually work on that application? Don't you think we both would want to offer these units to people that may need ignition amplification and other features on a 2-cyl engine? Hmmm ... Guess we'll let your wallet figure it out.

"That box will not work on a 2-cyl engine." is not polite? Or, "It will not work on a 2-cylinder engine ... 4-6-8 only!" Do you need a dictionary to understand these statements?

You received a RUDE response when you refused to entertain the repeated facts. You had to ask the same question three different ways, and my mistake was in thinking an engineer has common sense. I guess I mistook education for common sense, and one has proven again not to be related to the other ...

Fuel injection? Enjoy that too. The tach signal that comes out of the Hyfire unit is "possibly" to low, or not compatible with the system you may use (depending on what you use). But, you'll probably argue about that too ... Even though I personally have assisted people in correcting that issue. In fact, I created an installation procedure to utilize these boxes on certain systems that require a higher signal than the Hyfire units provide (Like the Lucas 84U and other ECUs). I showed the Mallory engineers how to do it! But, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about there either, and I'll make certain we do NOT assist you.

In other words ... Go be a jackass somewhere else, you can blow smoke elsewhere. Helping you is not accepted and is like talking to a rock.
By the way ... The "pray" comment fit a test based upon your comments. That someone so blind and stubborn must also believe in invisible men. I was correct in that you fit that "profile". Pathetic ...

Best Regards,

Samuel A Solace - Pres/CEO
Century Performance Center, Inc.
www.centuryperformance.com
ph (775) 746-4887
fax (702) 953-0705

My final response:

My apologies for having wasted your time. In all of my previous searches for the manufacturer of the Hyfire 6AL, I, for some reason, did not encounter Mallory Racing. Century Performance Center has what appears to be a very comprehensive web resource for much of the Mallory product line, so I thought your online tech support would be a valuable resource. I am delighted to know that you are not Mallory, for now I have found Mallory Racing, which appears to be who I should have directed my original question to (which, by the way, you have never answered). You could have saved yourself a lot of time by just referring me to someone who could help.

My dictionary has the definitions for individual words in it. To use it for understanding the meaning of statements, you need to look up the definition of the words in a statement and consider the how those words are used together. You can then use that information to formulate you understanding (opinion) of what the statement means. I may have asked the same question three different ways because I did not receive an answer to my question. Sometimes it is helpful to ask a question in a different way because (as stated above) people do not always understand the question as was intended by the one who asked. I was really just looking for an answer, and underlying reasoning for that answer. I often like to know how and why things work as they do, as part of my personal education plan. Had I just taken you at your word, that this product would absolutely not work on a 2 cylinder engine, I would have had to go to a Kawasaki dealer and buy a OEM ignition module (for more than $150) and wait for delivery, instead of using something I already had in my garage. My refusal to believe your "repeated facts" has lead to disproving your "facts" and has saved me some money, along with improving the performance of my motorcycle. Presenting something as a 'fact' often enough does not prove it to be a fact.

I will gladly take any future questions to someone else, and not bother you with them. If I do need help with my fuel injection, I now know where not to ask, and I thank you for having saved me some time.

I will continue to pray for your improved customer relations, as I believe that it would be beneficial to your business, and also for circumstances to be presented that would enable you to see, and come to understand, what the sacrifices of Jesus Christ mean for you.

Jeff Hanson | Network Design Engineer | GOIS
Unisys | 3199 Pilot Knob Road | Eagan, MN 55122 | 651.687.3314

750 twin and Mallory Hyfire - Wonder if they'll respond? 23 Aug 2006 09:31 #71825

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Just proves he doesn't what he's talking about. People who know, love to explain, especially when you can prove their first statement wrong. And, like you said, he never even answered your question in the first place.

Post edited by: loudhvx, at: 2006/08/24 02:09

750 twin and Mallory Hyfire - Wonder if they'll respond? 23 Aug 2006 19:13 #71970

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
A perfect example of "I am right and I refuse to be influenced by facts that say otherwise"

Give up and walk away, he knows everything there is to know, and refuses to even consider that he might not know everything.
KD9JUR

750 twin and Mallory Hyfire - Wonder if they'll respond? 23 Aug 2006 19:51 #71991

• securitygeek
  • securitygeek's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
yep, I'm done communicating with him. That is axactly why I mentioned in my last post that it is my final response. I do wish him well, though. Hopefully he will get some benefit from our discussions, even though I doubt that he would acknowledge it.