Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Removing spark plug boot fixes misfire? 31 Jul 2006 06:48 #66043

• fergyfer
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
You prolly already have this but, www.electrosport.com/Images/fault_finding.pdf

Z1Enterprises.com has the R/R for around $90 IIRC. I put one on my KZP several months ago. I noticed coming home at dark during the winter that my headlights were dim and my tender would stay red for a long time each night. Used the chart above to test out and verify the R/R was wacko.

If it's your R/R, it can be a major pain to remove and replace. I learned a trick doing mine. Remove the battery and drill out the bolts from the top (inside the battery box) right through the nuts which are welded on. Then use new bolts going through the drilled out nuts, from the top down. It's much easier to hold the R/R up from the bottom and hold the nuts in place and turn the bolt from the top. I used lock nuts taped to a wrench with duct tape just to get them started. Not much room to work under there.

Hopefully you won't need to use this! Good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Removing spark plug boot fixes misfire? 02 Aug 2006 17:41 #66785

• IlllMikeIlll
  • IlllMikeIlll's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
yeah thats good stuff thank you man. I just printed that out and I am going to check all that out as soon as I possibly can. My company is moving locations at the moment so that means long days after wich I dont feel like doing squat. I think I may have cooked my rr by boosting off of a car. I am an excelent automobile mechanic. But I suck when it comes to bikes. Ive never really had a bike that I had to work on so I am really new to this.

Removing spark plug boot fixes misfire? 02 Aug 2006 17:41 #66786

• IlllMikeIlll
  • IlllMikeIlll's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
yeah thats good stuff thank you man. I just printed that out and I am going to check all that out as soon as I possibly can. My company is moving locations at the moment so that means long days after wich I dont feel like doing squat. I think I may have cooked my rr by boosting off of a car. I am an excelent automobile mechanic. But I suck when it comes to bikes. Ive never really had a bike that I had to work on so I am really new to this.

Removing spark plug boot fixes misfire? 05 Aug 2006 14:00 #67331

• KawasakiBob
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Worst case....

R/R should run about 85 bucks, K&L Supply part # 20-5307

Stator would be about 110 bucks part # 2111-0016

Any local bike shop can get em for ya, not neccesarily a dealership.