Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Black rubber stator grommet, replace?? 08 Jun 2007 13:18 #147586

• patmann
  • patmann's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Well I couldn't wait. I pulled it off for the first time since 1974. Used a pan to catch all the oil as WG suggested awhile back to Roland.
Replaced the cover but not the black grommet since I didn't order one . :whistle: I used my handy dandy rtv LIGHTY on both sides of the gasket. I put sixty miles on it so far and ( fingers crossed ) no leaks:) Of course I sliced the crap out of my finger with the old stator cover. Those dang edges are SHARP!!!!
Thanks for the input from everyone. I can honestly say that without this site and it's members the bike and I would be up a creek without a paddle!!!
By the way, when I look at it now, all I see is that pretty polished UNscratched stator cover B) Now to make sure it NEVER gets another scratch!!
Thanks guys.
Pat

Post edited by: patmann, at: 2007/06/08 16:19
1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Black rubber stator grommet, replace?? 09 Jun 2007 12:57 #147811

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
KZJohn wrote:

Sandy:
I found out later about the wires but I still offset the splices. It's a habit I picked up years ago. When dealing with hundreds of wires in a $100K car you develope ways to stat organized;)

And one helluva good habit,John...nothing wrong with that,at all,Bud.B)

Glad You got it figured out,Pat(fingers crossed,lol)B)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: