Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Electronic Ignition, which one to buy? 06 Apr 2007 09:08 #127032

• Russ
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I just bought a Dyna 2000 from Z1 Enterprises and it's the new programable one that Dyna released late 2006, it still comes with 5 different advance curves built in but if you buy their programming kit you can do your own.
www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=368

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Electronic Ignition, which one to buy? 06 Apr 2007 09:23 #127041

• Russ
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Oops! repeated post.
Post edited by: Russ, at: 2007/04/06 13:09

Post edited by: Russ, at: 2007/04/06 13:14
Attachments:

Electronic Ignition, which one to buy? 06 Apr 2007 09:34 #127046

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
If it was my money, I'd get the Dyna S. The new version Dyna 2000 sounds cool, though.

Electronic Ignition, which one to buy? 06 Apr 2007 10:31 #127061

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181
The programming kit for the 2000 is more than just a wire harness, it's also the computer software to reprogram your Dyna 2000.

While this is not something most would do, the programmability is a nice feature - especially for the racing crowd as you can fine tune your timing and rev-limiter to very specific levels.

Additionally, as a tuner, you can program a Dyna 2000 for a customer and 'lock' the programming into the ignition to avoid tapering.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

Electronic Ignition, which one to buy? 07 Apr 2007 11:48 #127412

• AR15Ron
  • AR15Ron's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm guessing the 2000 is a lot more than I actually need. I do like the idea of having a rev limitter but the advance curves and such probably not something I'll require. The Boyer system sounds cool, but still no answer from the distributer. I don't deal with companies with lousy customer service. Looks like I'll proably be ordering the Dyna soon. I should proably get all that stuff before painting the tank so I'm not pulling it on and off with fresh paint 1000 times. I do have one question though. Can you set any features of the 2000 without buying the software and cable? Does it come ready to go out of the box to work properly on my bike and set with the right rev limit? I could talk myself into that maybe ;) Don't suppose you have any plans of carrying that Boyer system anytime? That would proably be the deal maker hahaha. Thanks again,

Ron

Electronic Ignition, which one to buy? 08 Apr 2007 08:58 #127667

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181
The Dyna 2000 comes with a number of pre-programmed settings selectable with simple dial switches.

For a 9000 rev limit, turn the knob to 9k, for most 2-valve per cylinder inline-4's, select 4 or 5 on the advance curve knob - that's it...

Wiring takes a few more minutes than the Dyna 2000

Here's the link to the dynatek install instructions
www.dynaonline.com/english/instruct/DDK1-5_2-1_3-2.pdf

I noticed their instructions online do not show the new programmable setup - there are some minor dufferences in the setup, but it is basically the same.

Us stocking Boyer - probably no chance. We may stock Newtronics in the future if they ever come out of their funk and start producing ignition units again...
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

• Page: