• Page:

TOPIC:

will these bolt on without mod 26 Feb 2007 11:35 #115588

• old650
  • old650's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
RonKZ650 wrote:

Don't mean to always be negative, but I'm afraid aftermarket parts just plain stink most the time. I didn't get this great attitude I have without many years of wonderful practice using the stuff and not just on Kawasaki either, here at work where I'm an electronic tech, I just cringe everytime I can't buy factory parts because I know many hours are going to be wasted making these "exact replacements" work.

Using this logic I should avoid A full Dyna set up, as its after market and not OEM. If Jeff at Z1 sells it, I have a little more faith in the product than this, as he has never stroked me before. If I go with the cheaper points coils (EMGO), I would still feel more secure than riding around with petrified 25-30 year old factory coils.....My constant internal debate is: Buy good stuff for the old girl, then the other side, Hey buddy get real, this is a 30 year ancient tech. motorcycle thats worth a few hundred bucks at best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

will these bolt on without mod 27 Feb 2007 06:34 #115746

• Bluemeanie
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
It's not what the bikes worth, it's what it's worth to you! I've owned mine for almost 27 years and just spent almost $1,000 online for parts to refresh and perk my girl up. Looks better, runs much better and will never get rid of her! Remember... "It's cheaper to keep her" :cheer:
1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

will these bolt on without mod 27 Feb 2007 11:19 #115826

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615

Post edited by: loudhvx, at: 2007/02/27 14:21

• Page: