Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ebay Heads Up - 29 smoothbores ? 18 Nov 2005 05:57 #8798

• dgfischer
  • dgfischer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
Heres a set of carbs listed as 29 Smoothbore. I emailed the seller telling him that they are not smoothbores and I was told that they are bored out 28's. No picture is listed of the bored out side.
I told him he probably should put the "bored out 28's" in his auction listing.
They are relisted as " they are what they are".

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4&fromMakeTrack=true

Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ebay Heads Up - 29 smoothbores ? 18 Nov 2005 06:14 #8803

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Daniel, Those are VM26 carburetors off a GS1000. Note the idle stop screw pointing down like a Z1R VM28 carb but also note where the choke actuating arm is there is nothing... the choke is actuated via a cable. This carb will be a very lean VM26 with both pilot fuel mix screws and air screws. (95 main jets / 15 pilot jets). This carb CAN be bored out to almost 29mm but I have never seen anyone do it on the Suzi version of the VM26. There is also a vacuum port on it for a vacuum actuated petcock.

This assembly will work fine on any 73-80 Kaw but the choke will need to be converted to one with the arm on the side. The pilot fuel annd air screw combo is a tad harder to tune and I like to rejet these things a bit richer than Suzuki did from the factory; even with stock airbox/pipes.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Ebay Heads Up - 29 smoothbores ? 19 Nov 2005 23:59 #9129

• wireguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
thats why hes the king(GEORGE, THAT IS)Long live KING GEORGE,Long live the Z1/KZ the 55chevy of motorcycles(I know,car stuff trust me George 55s are cool too!)

• Page: