Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Jet needles & vacuum piston springs 02 Oct 2006 07:41 #81130

• EsaPro
  • EsaPro's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Well, I re-build the carbs saturday, and to my surprise - it started again! :ohmy:

But it is running *exactly* the same - rough idle, and stalls out at idle on occasion. There were two things during the rebuild that I think are the cuplits:

1) I could not get the jet needles out. There is a c-clip inside the vacuum piston spring seat that I could no get a grip on with needle nose. For fear of damaging something, I gave up on that. I note that the manual does not show this little part even being there!!

2) the vacuum piston springs might be spent. The manual says they should have a free length of 118mm, and mine come it and 95mm and 100mm. The manual states weak springs can cause erratic idle. Hmmmmmm.

So I ask the collective genious of the forum: Any trick to getting those c-clips out? Any way in hell I can locate a new / good used set of springs? Can I just stretch them out?
Jim
79 KZ750 Twin (Fun!)
07 Yamaha 1300 (Plush!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jet needles & vacuum piston springs 02 Oct 2006 14:29 #81236

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
I don't know about the springs, but I just use a small pair of needle nose pliers to get the snap ring out. I have a harder time putting the snap ring back in than I do removing it.
KD9JUR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: