Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1981 GPZ 1100 fuel inj conversion 21 Aug 2006 03:56 #71272

• whtoyotek
  • whtoyotek's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Good Mornig everyone, I am new to this site and posting in general. I ride a 1981 GPZ 1100 That I have owned for a month now. I have been working out the kinks and have a question. The prewvious owner had converted the fuel injection to carbs which from what I gather is pretty common. I am unhappy with the way he blocked off the fuel injecter holes. What have other people done to neatly block off the holes. I believe I am sucking air on #1 and want to fix it. Thanks a bunch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1981 GPZ 1100 fuel inj conversion 21 Aug 2006 07:04 #71299

• barney
  • User
  • Thank you received: 36
I made 4 small aluminum inserts approximately 1.5 inches long with a small shoulder on them to retain an o-ring. I then made 4 small aluminum plates with two holes drilled in them to bolt to the original injector screw holes, these retain the inserts in the holes. I know there are other ways to do this, I wanted the option of using the fuel injection in the future. Hope this helps .Sorry for not getting you actual dimensions,I will need to dismantle to do that.I will if you need me to.Let me know. Have a good one

1981 GPZ 1100 fuel inj conversion 21 Aug 2006 18:18 #71435

• whtoyotek
  • whtoyotek's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Defineately a clean way to do it. I don't have access to a lathe to cut shoulders onto rods. I would like to modify some type of hardware to do it. Thanks for the input.

1981 GPZ 1100 fuel inj conversion 21 Aug 2006 22:27 #71499

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
you might be able to get an auto freeze or galley plug you can tap in they are cheap and wouldnt look bad
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

• Page: