Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

77 KZ750B Twin Carb Rebuild 16 Jul 2018 16:11 #787080

• They Who Prevail
  • They Who Prevail's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone i am currently undergoing a starter clutch, head gasket, possible valve job, and carb rebuild i am waiting on the parts and gaskets ordered everything today 350$ for all the parts......anyway. The petcock that come on the bike i believe is aftermarket not stock. The bike is a 1977 KZ750B (twin) the petcock only has one fuel outlet on it and runs lean. There is a T in the fuel line between the carbs. when i am cruising 70+ the bike wants to putter out, i pull over and idle or just pull in the clutch for about 15 seconds and get back into it its fine for about 2 mins. City driving is fine but highway driving is fine as long as i don't exceed 55mph for too long. could this be a venting problem because the one fuel outlet off the petcock? I see they make a double outlet petcock for that bike i will invest in once i do the carb rebuild. thanks for the knowledge and help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by They Who Prevail.

77 KZ750B Twin Carb Rebuild 16 Jul 2018 20:03 #787091

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2611
Did you check if the vent in the cap is clear? Try opening the gas cap and see if it clears. Could be the petcock is too small.
Steve

77 KZ750B Twin Carb Rebuild 17 Jul 2018 08:47 #787111

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
My 750 twin was doing the same thing, turned out it was too small of float valve. I had 2.0 in there, I switched to 2.5 and it fixed it. The BS38 carbs use the same float valves as the 29 smooth bores so you should have no trouble finding some

Last edit: by DoctoRot.
  • Page: