Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

what needles can I substatute for the originals? 28 Jun 2006 11:27 #57779

• gunman
  • gunman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok, heres my million dollar question, My bike, a 1978 KZ1000 A2 is in need of a needle, the ones I have are 5NC7's, i'm missing one...(don't ask)...I'm having a real hard time finding any, so my question is what other ones can I use on this bike? I'm guessing that I would need the needle seat with this new set so they would match...any idea's guys, i'm getting desprate....:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

what needles can I substatute for the originals? 28 Jun 2006 12:34 #57796

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Well, you ain't gonna find many of those jet needles. I am not sure you will find any 5CN7 jet needles anywhere. You could switch to 5DL31 jet needles with 0-5 needle jets... that combo is used on some types of 78 VM26 assemblies...

Your needle jets are 0-3 (matched with the 5CN7 jet needles) and I am pretty confident you won't find new needle jets.

I guess you could try the 5DL31 jet needles with the smaller 0-3 needle jets and see how your bike runs. You can likely get the 5DL31 jet needles from www.z1enterprises.com as these are the same jet needles as fitted to the aftermarket VM29 smoothbores and are probably still available. If you get stuck, visit my vintage motorcycle carb forum on my web site and let me know you are having a problem and I will see if I can help get you going some other way...
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

what needles can I substatute for the originals? 28 Jun 2006 16:19 #57846

• udder
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
hey guys new member here. nice site love it. i do have a question though i have a 78 kz1000 that has a set of later model mikuni bs34ss carbs on it (81 and later i believe) my question is where can i get 37.5 pilot jets ( kirk has only 30's) which is what i believe i need instead of the 40's that are in it and also what is the correct needle size for i am having problems with flooding after reseting the floats and they seem right on???? thanks in advance for the help.

what needles can I substatute for the originals? 29 Jun 2006 06:43 #58021

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
udder, PLEASE start a new thread. Your questions have nothing to do with the original poster's questions. This is called "thread hijacking". Just causes confusion. I am sure there are good answers to your questions but start them in their own thread. Thanks!
wiredgeorge (moderator)
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: