Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Inverted float levelling. 19 Jun 2006 06:52 #55468

• rdhussey
  • rdhussey's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
What it the spec for the distance from carb body to float bottom when dry-levelling the floats in a 34mm cv carb?

82 kz750 sceptre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Inverted float levelling. 20 Jun 2006 12:10 #55755

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
I have not seen an actual spec for that, it seems like Kawasaki gets a kick out of making people do things the hard way :(
KD9JUR

Inverted float levelling. 20 Jun 2006 12:29 #55763

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I don't remember the spec as I don't do setting the level of gas that way; especially on a BS series carb as it is a waste of time. Most of the floats have been bent up over the years. Set the floats using the service fuel level method and then go back and note that they will be off 3 or 4 millimeters as far as their float level goes... If I had new pristine floats to work with, I would set the float level in a heartbeat... I even have a special tool to do it; its just that it isn't reliable enough.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Inverted float levelling. 20 Jun 2006 15:01 #55797

• neilage66
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I have different model carbs than you have, but I did the inverted float "eyeball adjustment" while rebuilding/cleaning/re-jetting. Three out of four carb floats were set the same, so I "bent up" the other float tab to match the other three. All four were air tight too which is always necessary. Again, I lucked out 'cause I haven't touched them since and she runs nice and doesn't leak fuel or seem to be troubled. :P

I know this is not a very professional method of adjustment, but it seemed "horse sense" at the time and has seemingly worked out ok. :)

• Page: