Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Converting 400 to Single carb? 17 Jun 2006 16:01 #55176

• kzdaffid
  • kzdaffid's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Since I've been having a lot of problems with my carbs lately, I was wondering if anyone had attempted to switch over to a single carb system. Its probably a half baked idea, but it never hurts to ask, ya? thanks for future input!

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Converting 400 to Single carb? 17 Jun 2006 18:50 #55198

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
  • Thank you received: 7
Actually, yes. There has been much discussion of this in this forum and it's archive, as well as over at kz400.com. Do a search for "single carb".

Here's a link to a real interesting thread over at the Kawasaki Twins Forum (kz400.com) about this topic...
(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

Converting 400 to Single carb? 17 Jun 2006 19:55 #55217

• wireman
  • Visitor
got turbo?:evil:

Converting 400 to Single carb? 21 Jun 2006 17:35 #56108

• kzdaffid
  • kzdaffid's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the link, they had TONS of info, very intersting. I think if I lose the airbox I may have enough room for a short little setup. If anyone on here has done this, lemme know if they were able to use the same carbs or if they went bigger. I have the keihen carbs on mine.

Question though: Whats this I hear about a turbo? You can put a turbo on a 400?? Is it even worth it? whats it do to the fuel economy?

'Nuther question: Am I going to have to upgrade to a larger CC bike to get something that doesn't sit at such a high rev at 65/70 on the highway? Or is that something that I can change with some gearing mod? I'm pretty handy, but I just don't know what is in the realm of possibility with bikes, since I don't have a lot of experience with them. Mostly messed with the vroom vroom's with 4 wheels. Thanks for the input y'all!

Converting 400 to Single carb? 21 Jun 2006 20:07 #56139

• wireman
  • Visitor
just joking,thats the easiest way i know to convert to single carb.pay no attention to me:whistle: :woohoo:

• Page: