Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

need help 14 Jun 2006 17:24 #54533

• mustache
  • mustache's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
hey guys i am at a stand still on my carbs..i have one throttle valve that is the wrong size..three of them are 2.0's whitch is what size i need and one is a 1.5...i have looked every where,put a wanted ad on this forum,i tryed the web sight find my part,i have emailed some salvage people.still no luck finding one..a couple places wanted to sell me a set of carbs.any sugestions to where i could find one..i appreciate any help..mustache

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

need help 15 Jun 2006 07:34 #54630

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I know you don't want to hear this, but eBay is likely the only source of a spare set of carb slides. I don't sell parts so I can't help you but I do have many sets of spare parts for fixing problems like this on my customer's carbs. I have also found that the arms that connect the slides to the slide lifting mechanism come in a couple different lengths. If someone used the wrong slide there is a good chance, the arm is also the wrong length and this makes sync almost impossible. The slide cut out controls air to the pilot circuit and one slide cut out different will require different pilot jetting to equalize it with the other cylinders and this would be tough... Sorry I wasn't more help.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

need help 15 Jun 2006 19:04 #54779

• mustache
  • mustache's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
thanks for the reply...i took my caliper and miked all the arms..i call them rocker arms...they are all the same..i was hoping some one would have a throttle valve laying on their shop bench..LOL...i appreciate the help u guys have given me...mustache

• Page: