Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fuel filters 16 Jan 2006 12:07 #18146

• driftwoodpb
  • driftwoodpb's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I've got a kz1000 classic(fuel injected model) that needs a new petcock filter and fuel filter and for some reason I'm having no luck finding them. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuel filters 16 Jan 2006 12:36 #18151

• ejshotgun
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Try Z1Enterprises
If you can't find what you need on this site send Jeff Saunders (owner Z1Enterprises)an e-mail (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)and he can probably point you in the right direction.

Oh, by the way welcome to the site!

Got Pics?????

Eric

Fuel filters 17 Jan 2006 06:07 #18231

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
If your bike was originally equipped with a fuel filter it is NOT the same type as normally used on a carbureted KZ. The FI bike uses a fuel pump and its fuel system is pressurized and the filter is made to stand the higher pressure. I would look for a filter from an FI bike if you can't find an original OEM filter. Kaw Vulcans use a fuel pump and I would look for a filter from an FI model like the late model Nomad. Note that these bikes also use stouter fuel line and some regular fuel line won't stand up to the pressure and using regular line may cause a fire. Use fuel line designed for FI systems. Also... Vulcans use small strainers pressed into the fuel line ends. These keep bigger pieces of grit out of the fuel pump and their use would be a good idea. They look like small thimbles with wire mesh doing the straining job. If you look at buykawasaki.com for a 2001 or newer Nomad, you can see the fuel filter and strainer filters I am talking about. If you contact Z1enterprises.com, I am sure you will want to keep these things in mind when talking with Jeff.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: