Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

wont come to idle 26 Mar 2007 17:03 #123717

• mustache
  • mustache's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i have a kz650b.i bought 4carbs cleaned them good rebuilt them. here is my problem and i have seen someone else with this same problem last year. i went back through 22 pages looking for it but did not see it..ok it starts and runs great idles good and runs good through all the ranges..plenty power but it takes several seconds for it to come back to idle..stock air breather..it can be idleing and i crack the throatle and let off it but takes several seconds to idle back off..its not sticking..the throalte lever on the carbs closes imediately..any ideas on this will be appreciated very much...mustache

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

wont come to idle 27 Mar 2007 06:19 #123878

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Either a possible air leak or your thottle cables are sticking, but you said the carb closes immediately. So I guess airleakcheck carb holder clamps and all vacuum sources
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

wont come to idle 27 Mar 2007 07:09 #123896

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Two possibilities... air leak in pilot system - Since you didn't describe the carbs very well, I will just leave that for now. The most likely cause of the problem is no slack in the cable. Go up to your right switchgear and loosen the locknut on your throttle cables. Watch the cables where they insert into the bellcrank on the carb assembly and turn the FRONT cable barrel adjuster toward you a tad and ensure there is a bit of visible slack in the cable. Do the same with the rear cable (closest to you as you do the adjust) as well. Once you have a bit of slack in the cable, let us know if this didn't fix the problem. If not, you will have to remove your carbs and do a few things...
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

wont come to idle 27 Mar 2007 13:51 #124034

• mustache
  • User
thanks for the help guys..i just got home from work and its trying to rain so i cant check it out right now..i will let u know as soon as i can work on it..thanks again..mustache

wont come to idle 27 Mar 2007 16:10 #124081

• me109g4
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I have something similar to that on my 1980 kz1000LTD B4. the carbs will stay open when running above 3000 rpm unless you pull them down to idle using the throttle, but the carbs will snap shut with no problem when the engine isnt running, almost seems like vaccuum is holding them open, the cables seem to move freely. kinda odd. JT

wont come to idle 27 Mar 2007 16:56 #124097

• indykaw77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Come to think of it....mine'll do that once in awhile, too. Moustache.....keep us updated re: cable adj per WG.....
Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

wont come to idle 28 Mar 2007 16:44 #124431

• mustache
  • User
well the only thing i can report on is the weather LOL..still raining when i got home today..suposed to clear out tomorrow..i will check these sugestions out and report back on it...thanks everyone

wont come to idle 28 Mar 2007 16:46 #124432

• mustache
  • User
well the only thing i can report on is the weather LOL..still raining when i got home today..suposed to clear out tomorrow..i will check these sugestions out and report back on it...thanks everyone

wont come to idle 31 Mar 2007 17:22 #125257

• mustache
  • User
well in between rain showers i was able to check on a few things..first i checked the tension on the throttle cables that was ok so i started it to check for vacum leaks and this thing ran like a sowing machine..the not ideling back off was gone completely..crack the throttle and let off and it fell back to idle..i still dont have a clue as to what made it do that but i do appreciate all the help.
i've had this bike for about two years and this is the best it has ever ran..thanks to everyone here..i still have a couple wireing isues i am putting on a right hand controls..the one i just bought has six wires comming out of it. the old one only has four.i'm pretty sure i can work through that..once again thanks

wont come to idle 31 Mar 2007 17:53 #125273

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Yeah let the good times roll, for now. I think the rain might have found your air leak, you will never know till everything is dry
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

• Page: