Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need Some Jetting Recommondations... 28 Nov 2005 08:54 #10653

• xsjunky
  • xsjunky's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have stock exhaust but no airbox. So, I will be adding pods and was wondering what jetting needed to be changed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need Some Jetting Recommondations... 28 Nov 2005 09:56 #10665

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The 77 LTD was very lean. Suggest #115 mains / #17.5 pilots. Leave the jet needle clipped as it is initially as you didn't mention pipes so I am going to assume stock OR baffled aftermarket. While you are doing this, remove your pilot fuel mixture screws and put new orings on them. When you screw them back in, screw them in so the tips are just barely flush with the openings in the venturis and back them out 1.5 turns.

If you are lean off idle, turn them out an additional 1/4 turn and retry and if there are any flat spots, reclip to 4th position (5DL31-4). The 77 LTD carbs had a bit smaller needle jets and can run a tad lean if the exhaust used is free flowing.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Need Some Jetting Recommondations... 28 Nov 2005 19:35 #10774

• xsjunky
  • xsjunky's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
the exhaust is indeed stock...for now. Any suggestions if I do get my hands on a 4-1?

Need Some Jetting Recommondations... 29 Nov 2005 05:35 #10860

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Try the set up I described with the 4 into 1 WITH baffles. Sorry I didn't see the stock exhaust when you posted it... For stock exhaust and no airbox, try the same set up with #112.5 mains and if you decide to go with a 4 into 1 and NO baffles with no airbox, I am sure #117.5 mains would work fine.

The TYPE of pipe can make a difference in the mid-range. Baffles pretty much ensure you will not have any BIG flat spots. If you use straight pipes, a flat spot MAY appear and then you will have to tune the jet needle / needle jet combo to rid yourself and this is a matter of experimentation.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: