• Page:

TOPIC:

77 KZ1000 1/4 times 26 Nov 2006 19:15 #95201

• rattler
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
modprod wrote:

900cows wrote:

Dragracing,your desire would be at the other end of the track.what ever the bike pulls to(your redline)HIGH GEAR-REDLINETHATS YOUR GEARING.

I agree with this. For the 1/4, gear to pull very close to redline in 5th. For the 1/8th, gear to pull close to redline in 4th. Of course this will limit top end and cause a higher "cruise" rpm but this will optimize your dragstrip ET potential.

as for pulling close to redline in fourth gear in the 1/8 is impossible for me. at the end of the 1/8 i am just hitting forth gear. could actualy stay in third but would be hitting the rev limiter at the finish light.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

77 KZ1000 1/4 times 27 Nov 2006 09:26 #95345

• modprod
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
rattler wrote:
[/quote]as for pulling close to redline in fourth gear in the 1/8 is impossible for me. at the end of the 1/8 i am just hitting forth gear. could actualy stay in third but would be hitting the rev limiter at the finish light.[/quote]

That's because you don't have it "geared correctly" for the "optimum" 1/8th ET. You'd probably have to go down a tooth on the front or up 2-3 on the rear or some combination of the 2 like maybe 1 down on the front and 1 up on the rear? I'm talking "optimum" here.

77 KZ1000 1/4 times 27 Nov 2006 16:39 #95420

• rattler
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
i am already runing 46/16 gears. i know i would benifit in the 1/8 if i drop the front to a 15 but i want to keep some of the top end for the highways.

you can always find extra horse power for sacrificing whats in the bank.

i think i am going to drop in some 420 cams and do some head work after the first of the year and see were i am at then.

77 KZ1000 1/4 times 30 Nov 2006 18:29 #96365

• ZED
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
KZR track day Jan 13th and 14th 2007 Moroso motor speedway South Florida. It actually is Bike weekend. Lanyard ignition cut off required, anyone GAME?

• Page: