'77 KZ650 Shifting Problems

  • Injected
  • Injected's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • Posts: 1814
  • Thanks: 1268

Re: '77 KZ650 Shifting Problems

Yesterday 15:47
#928038
Is it possible you're hearing a excessively worn primary chain? Did you measure it when you had the oil pan off?
1978 KZ650B2 w 1197cc Z1 engine
1977 KZ650B1 w 750cc Spectre engine
1979 KZ650C3 w 831cc Hot Rod engine
1978 KZ650C2 w 762cc DFI project
1977 KZ650C1 stock restoration project
1978 KZ650B2 modified project


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Trackz440
  • Trackz440's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • Posts: 94
  • Thanks: 33

Re: '77 KZ650 Shifting Problems

Today 17:00
#928041
When I had the oil pan off I did check the primary chain because at 500 rpm when it's about to stall it would rattle a bit. It was well within specs I measured at the time but that was 2 years and about 500 km  ago and I forget what it was.
That measurent in the photos was taken with the oil filler plug out and without the clutch moving. 
2015 Vulcan S 650 - Summer Ride
1967 Samurai A1 250 Restoration Completed - For Sale
1980 KZ 750E Restoration Started
1977 KZ650 C1 Restoration Complete - Favorite Ride
1968 Honda CB450 Hellcat Restoration Complete, Sold
1981 KZ440 Restoration Completed,Sold
1974 H1E Restoration Completed Sold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Street Fighter LTD
Powered by Kunena Forum