KZ1300 cam chain tensioner won't go back in

  • detmeyer
  • detmeyer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • Posts: 36
  • Thanks: 6

Re: KZ1300 cam chain tensioner won't go back in

14 Aug 2026 11:56
#926741
Found it.  That's frustrating.
"...and one day, I'll be dead yo yo yo."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • detmeyer
  • detmeyer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • Posts: 36
  • Thanks: 6

Re: KZ1300 cam chain tensioner won't go back in

17 Sep 2026 09:04
#927668
I'm closing out this post to say that problem solved.

The original problem was that I couldn't get the CCT back in and that was because it needed to be "cocked" before insertion.  Seeing the stock tensioner failing during all this, I replaced it with an upgrade and am riding again.  There is less noise than before  which confirms that the tensioner was failing.  I thank everyone for their help and patience.
"...and one day, I'll be dead yo yo yo."
The following user(s) said Thank You: TexasKZ, BCScott, Wookie58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Street Fighter LTD
Powered by Kunena Forum