Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ problem and stalling after a minor accident. 12 Jun 2023 16:30 #885920

• KevinCullen
  • KevinCullen's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1

Have you tried running it up the street with the fuel cap open as previously suggested to rule out a venting problem??

Wookie. I forgot something. whne you told me about the cap, i took it apart. It was clean. Could the cap still be damaged and not venting even though I unscrewed the the bolts in the cap, took it apart and cleaned it?
It's a process of elimination, we are assuming that there was no issues prior to the bike getting decked ?
You said that the engine bars took the impact (I guess the handlebars also) that being the case I don't understand why you think something in the carbs is bent when they have not suffered impact. The most likely cause is something which has been effected by "jarring" could be fuel related (dirt in the system - carbs unseated from their manifolds etc) or it could be an electrical connection that has been disturbed after many years of slumber (a poor connection "heats up" when current flows through it hence why when it has stood it works again)
When the bike "dies" what are they symptoms
  • Does it "cut" instantly which would suggest an electrical issue?
  • Does it "fade" gradually which would suggest a fuel issue?
Sorry for the late reply. Havent had time to look a the bike but will soon. When it stops, it fades gradually.

I thought it was the carbs because it seems to be a fuel delivery issue. Bike sounds like its starving.
Im thinking it could be the coils too, when they heat up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KevinCullen.

KZ problem and stalling after a minor accident. 15 Jun 2023 20:38 #886024

• Don R
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
 I've had inline filters gel up and refuse to flow gas. They look fine but won't gravity flow, a little pressure will flow gas through the gel. I blew into the tank on my bike a couple times to make it flow again. And yes, I made sure no one was looking. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.