• Page:

TOPIC:

Oil passage stud Oring 22 Oct 2018 20:54 #792703

• Sayonara
  • Sayonara's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • The faster the better
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok guys I opened this engine that was sitting forever and earn `I pulled out the head the gasket disintegrated it was rotten but everything else was like new no wear at all but considering that the gasket was in such bad condition I decide to pull the cylinders as It could have been bad as well.
I pulled them out and did not see any Oring on the outer studs where the oil circulate,
I don't have a manual so the question is does the studs are suppose to have Orings there, both studs in each side (outer), I remember when I did my GS engine back in the day had Rings there.
thanks for the help
I grew up riding and fixing all sort of small bike until I inherited A 1977 GS 750 when I was 16, that changed my life completely I love metric bike and I own a few fully working and have some projects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Oil passage stud Oring 22 Oct 2018 21:03 #792705

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
It would help a lot if you would add your bike's exact year and model to your signature line. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism

Oil passage stud Oring 22 Oct 2018 21:32 #792706

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2672
Agree with Ed. Also realize that there are dozens of places online, such as Partzilla, that sell OEM Kawasaki parts. If you look up the page with the cylinder it will show what parts should be installed.

Oil passage stud Oring 23 Oct 2018 02:04 #792709

• scubaanders
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 233
Follow the link to Kawasakis home page where they have excellent parts diagrams.
I have downloaded them for my bikes and always keep them ar hand to figure out what parts shall be present and how they go to gether. They are a excellent supplement to the Factory service manual.

m.kawasaki.com/parts/

Mvh Anders
Gpz750R1 1982
Gpz750A1 1983
Gpz1100A2 1984
FZ750 1985
Gpz900R -91

Oil passage stud Oring 23 Oct 2018 06:04 #792718

• Sayonara
  • Sayonara's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • The faster the better
  • Thank you received: 1
Sorry about it this is an 1977-78 Kz 1000 A model engine, the one with the oval clutch cover and the round cam covers, its and engine I got to rebuild to replace it later on my KZ 1000 LTD as it has a 1400 cc tuned engine as its a pain in the ass to ride I mini as the heat and the engine its to hot.I want closer to stock engine that is reliable.
that 1400cc engine will later go to a new build I have in mind.
sorry I don't put the signature its just I have few projects at the same time and been out the game for more than 20 years I know my stuff but I use to be a Gs guy back in the day.
I just love this kawis very much do.
I grew up riding and fixing all sort of small bike until I inherited A 1977 GS 750 when I was 16, that changed my life completely I love metric bike and I own a few fully working and have some projects.

Oil passage stud Oring 23 Oct 2018 08:19 #792721

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1021
There should be two dowels between the cylinders and the crankcase. They are located over the outer front crankcase studs. There are no o rings on the dowels or on any of the studs. You can find the parts diagrams here.

www.kawasaki.com/Parts/PartsDiagrams/1977/KZ1000-A1
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

• Page: