Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New 810cc kit available from Japan!!!! 02 Nov 2014 15:02 #652648

• undiablo
  • undiablo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 64
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationGuys, have you seen this?

So cheap :woohoo: ... it is a temptation. :evil:
Kawasaki KZ 750/4 LTD 1981
Kawasaki KLR 650 2011
Argentina - Buenos Aires

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New 810cc kit available from Japan!!!! 02 Nov 2014 15:32 #652651

• zukdave
  • User
  • Thank you received: 229
Sure is since I'm going to buy a 810cc kit real soon.
Be nice to know who make's the piston's and if cast or forged.
1980 KZ650 F1
ZX750A1 motor.
Wiseco 810cc kit.
Zukiworks racing ported head.
VM 29 smooth bore's.
Dyna 2000 Ign. w/Dyna mini coil's
APE cylinder stud's and nut's.
APE valve spring's.
APE Track King clutch.
V/H KZ1000 sidewinder.
3.5x18 laced to a KZ1000 disk hub.
150/60/18 Shinko 006 Podium.
63" wheel base.

New 810cc kit available from Japan!!!! 02 Nov 2014 15:37 #652652

• undiablo
  • User
I have asked the seller.... I will get back hear if I have any news!
Kawasaki KLR 650 2011
Argentina - Buenos Aires

New 810cc kit available from Japan!!!! 02 Nov 2014 16:23 #652655

• LarryC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309
At that price it's likely some low quality China junk...
Larry C.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed, PLUMMEN

New 810cc kit available from Japan!!!! 02 Nov 2014 16:39 #652656

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2658
I bought a Wiseco 810 kit but most likely going to stay with stock. Not sure I'm up to fiddling with the jetting. At this price a BB kit might be worth a gamble though. That company sells a ton of different BB kits. Some internet searching might be in order to see if there is any feedback out there.

Last edit: by Nessism.

New 810cc kit available from Japan!!!! 02 Nov 2014 18:26 #652675

• Tyler
  • User
  • Thank you received: 92
ahh good old cruizinimage, done a bit of research on his stuff. A few people have used those pistons in kz1300's, lots of discussion on the Honda sohc 4 forum as well.

first off people have discovered those pistons are made in China, the rings are of unknown origin. these pistons are cast, not forged. it will be necessary to remove flashing left over from the casting processes, clean out imperfections in the ring grooves and even sometimes drill out oil passages. Besides those issues the pistons themselves seem to hold up alright, but not really in performance applications.... that said someone should try them out and tell us all about them.
If I knew what I was doing all the time life wouldn't be any fun.

'80 KZ650 E 700cc, dyna ignition and coils, frame up restoration, daily driver
'81 KZ1300 A3 full restoration, custom big bore pistons, 1400cc 6 cylinder super bike
"77 KZ650 B1 - Barn Find, work in progeress
"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro

New 810cc kit available from Japan!!!! 02 Nov 2014 18:54 #652686

• undiablo
  • User
Yes, the seller answered the same you state: Casting.
I also asked about compression, they is no bump in like with WISECO 10.5.

Now about origin.... how can you tell they are from China? is there any casting marks? It seems they are shipped from Japan.

Anyway is way cheaper than NOS STD pistons and rings right?

A friend of mine used big bore CB550 four piston from cruizinimage in his Honda, no problems up to date.
Kawasaki KLR 650 2011
Argentina - Buenos Aires

Last edit: by undiablo.

New 810cc kit available from Japan!!!! 02 Nov 2014 22:18 #652704

• Tyler
  • User
I ran across a discussion on another forum where a member had taken a picture of the box his cruzinimage pistons shipped in they were from Taiwan, other people have suspected he is distributing Chinese parts from Japan.

Consider that a good quality US or Japanese made set of piston rings costs more than the entire big bore kit... you have to be suspect of the quality.

I looked very hard at using his pistons in my 1300 because parts are so hard to find, I decided not too after looking into quite a few discussions. However there are quite a few reports out there where these pistons are being used in a number of different bikes and no serious failures have been shown. There have been lots of complains about having to clean up flashing and bad ring fit, etc. some have noted varying weights as well. Bottom line they seem to work.... how long and how well... no one knows...

Here is a discussion form the XS forums: www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26971

If you own a 750 twin cruizinimage is about the only option left, same for a number of older Honda fours, and some smaller Kawi 2 stroke triples.

'81 KZ1300 A3 full restoration, custom big bore pistons, 1400cc 6 cylinder super bike
"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro
The following user(s) said Thank You: undiablo

Last edit: by Tyler.

New 810cc kit available from Japan!!!! 03 Nov 2014 01:11 #652711

• LarryC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309
If there were no other option but to use those pistons because of availability then you have to do what you have to do. But to wander down that road based on the price alone..... I don't know. That's what's wrong in America. The average Joe has a difficult time coming up with the money to buy something decent. It's a cycle that feeds itself, creates monsters like Walmart and perpetuates the acceptance of low quality junk, made by people in foreign sweat shops, marketed by opportunists.... This is NOT the way to run a railroad. Unfortunately, people are sucked into the vacuum and it's tearing the American economy to pieces. It's not exactly doing wonders for Japan either.

Why do you think the bikes from the 70's and 80's are still around to be restored and rebuilt? If they were made in China...they sure has hell would have been in a scrap pile 20 years ago.... think about it...
Larry C.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed, bluej58, kaw-a-holic, undiablo, DobbinsCMA

Last edit: by LarryC.

New 810cc kit available from Japan!!!! 03 Nov 2014 04:50 #652722

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 175
We received some samples from Taiwan that look awfully like these.... not something we would sell. Put up against quality parts you can see the difference. I didn't even bother checking dimensions as the casting itself was so poor.

Just because they ship from Japan doesn't mean they are made in Japan... Usually if the product is made in Japan, it will have this plastered all over it is something they want to emphasize.

The piston is one thing, but there are so few quality piston ring manufacturers, that's the area you don't want to skimp on. Both Wiseco and MTC use Japanese piston rings for the majority of their piston kits.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

New 810cc kit available from Japan!!!! 03 Nov 2014 06:48 #652736

• Tyler
  • User
2 more things to consider:

What is your free time worth? For me my free time is quite valuable, I wouldn't want to invest the time in an engine build just to have to do it again because of inferior parts.

Second is service. Have a problem with a Wiesco Big Bore kit when it shows up, you can call them and they ( or their distributor) will sort out the problem. Reports of terrible service are all over the place with cruzinimage, people have returned their orders but it took months to get a refund.

A number of retailers sell these pistons under the brand name of Fosetti Here is an example: www.speedmotoco.com/product-p/bbk008.htm

"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro

New 810cc kit available from Japan!!!! 04 Nov 2014 16:34 #652873

• undiablo
  • User
Ok guys, I posted it because it could be an option for a low budget rebuild. Lots of you are buying old KZs for what... 200... 300... 500 bucks? Consider the engine is toast, would all of you invest 500 usd in a wiseco k810?
May be this is not an option for someone doing a complete full restoration to original condition or building a drag, considering thousands of dollars of investments in parts, machining, tuning, painting, etc.

Honda Sohcs forum talks very good about cruizinimage pistons.

In Argentina we are doomed with 100% taxes, not to mention Kawasaki NOS parts worth their weight in gold. Here kz650 Riders have been using taiwan JCC pistons and TPR rings since the 90´s with no complaints.

www.jcc-parts.com/jqen/web/product.asp
tpr.co.jp/tp_e/products/pistonring/index.html

I think it is good news for the kz750 world. Time will tell.
Kawasaki KLR 650 2011
Argentina - Buenos Aires

• Page: