Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

identify of bike 24 Jun 2006 04:09 #56770

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
  • Thank you received: 11
Looks to me to be a 76 KZ900 that someone stuck an LTD wheel on. The pic of the instruments and gas cap says 76 due to the locking cap and the 4 way flasher switch. Lack of reflectors on front forks says 76 also. Exhaust looks like a MAC it appears at one time to have had a fairing on it (mount still bolted to the frame), seat is aftermarket, appears to need both front fork seals. As long as the motor isn't stuck I'd say offer him a hundred and a half, the worst he can say is no. There are enough good parts underneath all that crud that worst case scenario you can always part it out and get your money back. Also 900 parts both used and aftermarket are readily available.

Post edited by: The Gringo, at: 2006/06/24 07:23
Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

identify of bike 24 Jun 2006 06:38 #56778

• KawasakiJockey
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
its a 900 with no title so give him 100.

identify of bike 24 Jun 2006 09:36 #56802

• wireman
  • Visitor
bigdaddyjohn wrote:

I tried to post the pic with the question but it was too big. The post went through without the pic and I ran out of time before work to resize and post. I'll try again.

The bike is stored in the neighbors barn. It wasn't his bike. Friend of the family stored it there and never started to work on it. Not sure about the no title history. He bought it off the dude with the intention of working on it several years ago.

Hopefully the picture will post with this. Thanks for the advice already.

bigdaddyjohn

Post edited by: bigdaddyjohn, at: 2006/06/24 04:57

yeah im gonna go with the group and say 76-early 77 kz900 the one off bastard child of the kz clan;) wheres it located,if you dont want it i think i would make a road trip for it if its not clear across the world.send me a pm if you dont want it.

Post edited by: kzrider, at: 2006/06/24 13:10

identify of bike 24 Jun 2006 10:07 #56806

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
Oh Wireman you cut me to the quick with the 76 one off bastard child of the KZ Klan! OUCH!:pinch: :woohoo:
But as I look at it I would have to say it's a parts bike. Lots of missing parts but what worries me most is the missing title. Around here it is a problem. My 900 was running, abet it was cosmeticly putrefied! I paid $500 for it and only cause I really wanted one in 76! Originally he was asking $1.00 a cc but made a big show of asking what I was gonna do with her. I told him $500 was my final offer and I was gonna restore her. He said OK. I don't think I would pay any more than $100 for that barn find.

identify of bike 24 Jun 2006 10:18 #56810

• wireman
  • Visitor
yeah i know but im a sucker for 900s-1000s 73-80 anyway!;) theres lots of good parts there .i could always build a track only bike out of it so i dont need a title but it would definately be a built from the ground up track bike,oh god here i go again!:woohoo: :woohoo:

identify of bike 24 Jun 2006 10:37 #56812

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
I think you wanna build one of those 3 wheeled JD lawn mowers that was posted here a while ago.:woohoo: If ya do... come cut my lawn my Chalmers died a week ago. The process or reserection has begun but a 900/10hpKohler motor swap would be sweet.:woohoo: :blink: :S :dry: :huh: :whistle:

identify of bike 24 Jun 2006 11:36 #56818

• wireman
  • Visitor
BIGDADDY check your pm.;)

identify of bike 24 Jun 2006 23:43 #56905

• bigdaddyjohn
  • bigdaddyjohn's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks again for the detailed info. I knew I had come to the right place. Will be able to look for VIN number and run them on Monday. I'll be working all weekend, nights at that. If I don't decide to take it on as a project bike, I'll let you know.

If I find out anymore on the bike, I'll post that also.

bigdaddyjohn

• Page: