Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Do i need a baffle? 07 Jun 2006 21:22 #52808

• kzmarvo
  • kzmarvo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Forgot to ask, but i noticed that my bike has no baffle. The header looks like new, no rust anywhere on it. What i was wondering is do i need a baffle in it? Is it legal to ride without a baffle, and it has the stock airbox on it should i go with those four pod type filters? I am not sure what kind of header it is, and how does a baffle go in there? Screws? Man you ppl are probably laughing at me hahaha but yeah it's ok. I have thick skin, and cant wait to get my bike home.:blink:
Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do i need a baffle? 07 Jun 2006 21:38 #52814

• JUSTICE114
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Bro, Bro, Bro! There are no DUMB questions here!;) So fire away and these guys will get back to ya quick.B) Part of owning a bike is learning bout your bike so learn on bro, learn on!:silly: Class 101 is now in recess.B)

Do i need a baffle? 08 Jun 2006 08:56 #52914

• cary
  • User
I find that my bike runs crappier around town with no baffle, even after rejetting, plus the loud gets old really quick, it ain't a harley, ya know....

do you know what make pipes you have on there? it should be easy to find a baffle if you do.

just make sure you bolt that thing in real tight, or you'll be looking for another one soon.

Do i need a baffle? 08 Jun 2006 09:15 #52918

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
Attachments:

Do i need a baffle? 08 Jun 2006 09:45 #52934

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
kzmarvo wrote:

Forgot to ask, but i noticed that my bike has no baffle. The header looks like new, no rust anywhere on it. What i was wondering is do i need a baffle in it? Is it legal to ride without a baffle,

What?...What?...What?...What?...What?...What?...
Here in Little Rhody we got noise ordinances! Plus all you got to do is watch people my age have conversations and you will want a baffle. Were all deaf from Deep Purple and Aerosmith concerts.

and it has the stock airbox on it should i go with those four pod type filters?

After watching "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" 15 times I'm kinda leery of anything to do with PODS. But for the bike it's your call. Both systems have advantages and visa versa. There are a zillion old posts here proclaiming the merits of both!

I am not sure what kind of header it is, and how does a baffle go in there? Screws?

Most baffels are inserted into the header pipes and sucked into position using a Kawasaki foot pump and a donut. Yeah I think most baffels are screwed! ;-)

Man you ppl are probably laughing at me hahaha but yeah it's ok. I have thick skin, and cant wait to get my bike home.:blink:

I'm just playing with you. We've all been there before and given enough time on this earth we may well all be there again! Luck with the bike! I can't help it but you said you can't wait to get the bike home....is it being weaned?

Do i need a baffle? 08 Jun 2006 09:53 #52938

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
kzmarvo:

We need more info...type of bike, and type of header (pictures to help us id the pipes if you don't know). Some pipes have replaceable baffles (held in w/a screw), others don't and you have to replace the entire system...and it is almost always illegal to run straight pipes...although with all the really loud HD's around, police interest in chasing people for straight pipes has really dwindled lately :woohoo:
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Do i need a baffle? 08 Jun 2006 11:39 #52975

• kzmarvo
  • kzmarvo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Ok, thanks for the info. I am gonna wait till i get the bike to post cuz i have no clue what kind of pipe and all that jive. nothing worse than waiting for the phone to ring(supposed to call when the papers come in so i can go get it)Gonna just start reading all i can about the kz's.
Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

Do i need a baffle? 08 Jun 2006 14:21 #53031

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
which bike is this? my cb350f honda is a bit too loud with JC whitney pipes. no baffle, just a plate with some holes in it at the end of each megaphone.

anyone got some decent, inexpensive, used pipes for a cb350F? PM me.

would not consider running open pipe on kz900/1000 way too loud.

Do i need a baffle? 08 Jun 2006 15:22 #53036

• kawsakiman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
i personally run mine wide open. i just jetted the hell out of it and it actually runs pretty good like that.plus,i don't know how many times i caught a cager napping and gave it a little twist then they are suddenly aware i am near.(added bonus is it shakes the hell out of the neighbors windows like his harley does to mine)
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

Do i need a baffle? 08 Jun 2006 15:58 #53045

• Fossil
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I was running mine with the short Hindle race can, essentially a 2 1/2" straight through resonator - LOUD. I now have a later Hindle "street" can on it, and the bike does run better with the 36mm carbs. Better low end, and I can get it to idle lower. A little back pressure is a good thing.

Do i need a baffle? 08 Jun 2006 16:51 #53057

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
kawsakiman wrote:

added bonus is it shakes the hell out of the neighbors windows like his harley does to mine)

Any chance the house across the street from you two is for sale? One of my mother-in-laws hates noise and I always thought a nice spot in the middle of a header war was just the right spot for her!:woohoo:

Then another mother-in-law would just plink your bikes with a BB gun when you left them unattended. I liked her until she refused to take her daughter back. I tried to reason with her but she kept reminding me the contract stated "as is". Then again she never shot my bike but she did give a neighbor a pimpled Nova.:evil:

Do i need a baffle? 08 Jun 2006 17:41 #53060

• kawsakiman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Any chance the house across the street from you two is for sale? One of my mother-in-laws hates noise and I always thought a nice spot in the middle of a header war was just the right spot for her!:woohoo:

right now i'm in a harley war.i am directly between two.left has screaming eagles and the right is straight drags. (remember one gave me soy-sauce for my bike?)the only difference is their bikes can't hit 8000rpm's!
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.