Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Octane & Ignition advance 02 Jun 2006 16:09 #51639

• nads.com
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
The gap is large and the mixture is a little rich, the plugs look of unburned fuel. The contaminents are leaving residue, evidenced by the varying shades of color. A smaller gap will clean up the plugs flashburn and leave a uniform color that will be lighter. With advanced timing, the mix can be rich and the burn not complete/clean. When the timing is less agressive engine vac. is greater, and the amount of burned fuel per charge is greater. More air too, much more. This leaves little amount of residue. They really lean out when the timing is optimal, compared to excess advance. My experience suggests getting as much gas to burn completely as you can. This allows larger jets, more power. That big plug gap, i just wonder.,.. By the way, if u dont see black u have a top secret model and the feds are knocking at the door now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Octane & Ignition advance 05 Jun 2006 11:55 #52269

• BARNEYHYPHEN
  • BARNEYHYPHEN's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Nads,

Thanks for the input. I haven't beefed up the coil feed wire yet. Looks like I've got maybe a 12ga coming out from the relay which then splits (soldered and shrinkwraped) into two 16ga to feed the coils. I'm going to beef up the two splits to at least 14ga or maybe even 12ga.

I'll probably also pull all the needles back to the center slot and squeeze the plugs down to 32 thou. The timing is spot on stock and the bike feels quite nice so I probably won't mess with the timing.

You think all that will help?

Octane & Ignition advance 05 Jun 2006 13:35 #52291

• nads.com
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
I think thats just perfect Barney. I can hear that thing already and it sounds like magic.