Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HI all 11 Oct 2005 07:36 #652

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Brad, I suggest you list your location in your signature which you can create/edit within your profile. If you were close to me, I could ride over and have a look. You have mentioned a bunch of times you are not a mechanic but we do have some mechanically inclined folks hanging around who would be willing to help. There just isn't enough info to make many educated guesses at this point as to why the bike isn't starting.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HI all 11 Oct 2005 08:01 #664

• Brad78Kz650
  • Brad78Kz650's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well im in valdosta Georgia if anyones around here and wants to have a look that would be great :)

HI all 11 Oct 2005 12:41 #726

• Brad78Kz650
  • User
i took out the spark plugs they looked oil fouled black and sooty smelled of gas replaced all the plugs drained a massive amount of overfilled oil out and it cranked right up i just hope that all that oil is what is causing the plugs to foul and not a messed up gasket somewhere letting oil in to the pistons (???)

HI all 11 Oct 2005 12:51 #728

• PuGz
  • User
Brad78Kz650 wrote:

i took out the spark plugs they looked oil fouled black and sooty smelled of gas replaced all the plugs drained a massive amount of overfilled oil out and it cranked right up i just hope that all that oil is what is causing the plugs to foul and not a messed up gasket somewhere letting oil in to the pistons (???)

:ohmy: :ohmy:
That oil didnt smell like gas did it? I think I would change my oil if it was so far off.

HI all 11 Oct 2005 13:58 #745

• Brad78Kz650
  • User
yes the oil did kinda smell like gas what does this mean?

HI all 11 Oct 2005 14:22 #751

• medic24
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Welcome, I have found that if the oil smells like gas, your bike may have sat for quite a while with the fuel tap on, causing the cylinders to fill with fuel which will leak down past the rings. Several of my bikes have done this and once I changed oil everything was fine. Hope this helps.
Dave

HI all 11 Oct 2005 15:01 #763

• Brad78Kz650
  • User
Very glad to hear it ive been running it up and down my road i need insurance tag and helmet but ive been waiting to get it going right and right now it does good
or so far atleast i appreciate every ones help and ill try to get some pictures up sometime lost my cable

• Page: