Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZr Video Clip Thread 08 Jun 2016 12:50 #730596

• Rockranch
  • User
  • Thank you received: 23

KZJOE900 wrote:

Rockranch wrote: I have a growing vid collection of rides of my favorite local mountain twisties down here in SoCal with my handlebar mounted GoPro. A bit more costly than others mentioned above, however it was a B-day gift a couple years ago from my GF and a lot of fun. My vids are typically longer (in the 10-15 minute range). My main flaw is the bikes vibrations being apparent in the fuzziness of the vids, as well as funky engine sounds similar to holding a screwdriver up to the engine and listening with your ear like a stethoscope. I've tried wrapping strips of rubber between mount bracket and handlebar which helped, but still not completely clear. My helmet mounts are fine with more clarity, but the stress on the neck at highway speeds for extended lengths of time is an obvious deterrent from use (at least for me). This 7-minute vid is a short ride on I-8 from the Jacumba exit to Desert View Tower overlooking Imperial Valley over 3,000feet below. Speaking of funky engine sounds...at the 5:15 mark of the vid, you can hear an obvious rattling sound from the bumpiness of that stretch of road. After a bit of investigating I determined that that rattling sound was my tire pressure gauge rattling loosely inside my tail piece tray LOL. .....................................Mike

Vroom-vroom!

No noticable wind noise at least. GoPro's seem to have the best quality picture and sound in every comparison I have seen.

About the only drawback I have noticed is no type of zoom mode. They also have a wifi remote. They have 2 different backs for the plastic case...1 is vented when sounds are wanted...the other seals it for waterproof or underwater/snorkeling/scuba use down to I think 100ft. That one is what I use to keep wind sounds to a minimum at highway speeds. I am impressed with their HD quality for their compact design, especially when plugged right into today's modern flat-screen T V's via an HDMI cable. Awesome picture quality. I will post a sound comparison vid of the open back and helmet cam when I get it uploaded.
Gpzmod's cam above looks like a pretty good cam too, especially given the price. .................................Mike

Zoom-zoom!!!
(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZr Video Clip Thread 08 Jun 2016 13:25 #730601

• GPzMOD750
  • GPzMOD750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148
That last clip was the liquid image in full 1080. I usually only shoot in 720 for battery life and memory. Since this camera stops recording after about 30 min and my commute is about 20 it's become my everyday cam.

The Mic sensitivity is adjustable and then I adjust it down more in editing. The noise on these types of clips doesn't bother me. I know it's going to be noisy anyway so I turn the sound down or off right off the bat.

Last edit: by GPzMOD750.

KZr Video Clip Thread 08 Jun 2016 13:39 #730603

• Rockranch
  • User
I do the same much of the time with turning the sound down and turning on a good tune or two when watching riding vids. This clip is 11 mins but an amazing scenic ride on I-8 from InKoPah Cali. down the mounjtain to Ocotillo, a 3000ft drop down to Imperial Valley. Helmet cam and the ventilated back on the GoPro case. The cars were flying by me because this day was a bit overly windy and a sustained headwind/crosswind of 45-50+ on these twisties. One of the windiest stretches of hwy in So Cal. Anyway, desert bighorn sheep can occasionally be spotted on this stretch of I-8. .........................................Mike

Zoom-zoom!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

KZr Video Clip Thread 08 Jun 2016 17:37 #730635

• GPzMOD750
  • User
Driving home and seeing another KZ!!! It looks like a '82ish 750 Spectre. I tried to get a better shot at it and get closer to him but the traffic was too thick, he was in a hurry and got off too fast. I also noticed I didn't set the cam for 1080 it defaults to 720 when it's turned on and you have to set it to 1080 every time.

KZr Video Clip Thread 09 Jun 2016 08:08 #730678

• Kidkawie
  • User
  • I bleed premix
  • Thank you received: 245

Rockranch wrote: I do the same much of the time with turning the sound down and turning on a good tune or two when watching riding vids. This clip is 11 mins but an amazing scenic ride on I-8 from InKoPah Cali. down the mounjtain to Ocotillo, a 3000ft drop down to Imperial Valley. Helmet cam and the ventilated back on the GoPro case. The cars were flying by me because this day was a bit overly windy and a sustained headwind/crosswind of 45-50+ on these twisties. One of the windiest stretches of hwy in So Cal. Anyway, desert bighorn sheep can occasionally be spotted on this stretch of I-8. .........................................Mike

Zoom-zoom!

You running stock gearing? I went up to a 16t up front for roads like that. Bike cruises at 80-85 no problem now.

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

KZr Video Clip Thread 09 Jun 2016 08:40 #730685

• rrsmsw9999
  • User
  • Thank you received: 67
You get image stabilization and wind reduction with the Sony AS200V. Great HD vid and works well on the bike.

R
1980 KZ 1000E2
Crashed 6/2016

1980 KZ550A
Sold 3/2016

KZr Video Clip Thread 09 Jun 2016 08:47 #730687

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
Nice video - thanks. Just as you went through the toll booth I guess you tucked in a little. At first, I thought you wheelied through the booth. :woohoo: Around here they probably would shoot a person for doing that. :laugh: Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

KZr Video Clip Thread 09 Jun 2016 12:44 #730704

• Rockranch
  • User

Kidkawie wrote:

Rockranch wrote: I do the same much of the time with turning the sound down and turning on a good tune or two when watching riding vids. This clip is 11 mins but an amazing scenic ride on I-8 from InKoPah Cali. down the mounjtain to Ocotillo, a 3000ft drop down to Imperial Valley. Helmet cam and the ventilated back on the GoPro case. The cars were flying by me because this day was a bit overly windy and a sustained headwind/crosswind of 45-50+ on these twisties. One of the windiest stretches of hwy in So Cal. Anyway, desert bighorn sheep can occasionally be spotted on this stretch of I-8. .........................................Mike

Zoom-zoom!

You running stock gearing? I went up to a 16t up front for roads like that. Bike cruises at 80-85 no problem now.

16/34 from stock 15/35. It also helped clear up my riding videos as well as the fuzz in my mirrors. Riding videos got clearer after changing to higher gearing as I gained 1100-1200rpm's at same highway speed. Less handlebar vibration = clearer vids. I'm happy with the quality of my GoPro vids. I too experiment with my cams resolution settings changes. I use the 64gb microSD card. A full battery charge usually gets me a good 2 hrs of record time. With the fisheye lens, you can't really get the full scope of distant scenery, like mtns, valleys, elevation changes etc. Though I have a noticeable waviness in many vids but I don't know what causes the waviness. I wld post more links in this thread of riding local twisties but I don't have many that are less than 10 minutes in length. ....................................Mike

Vroom-vroom!!!
(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

KZr Video Clip Thread 09 Jun 2016 13:07 #730708

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
I use movie maker and crop my clips.
Steve

Last edit: by SWest.

KZr Video Clip Thread 10 Jun 2016 04:33 #730790

• GPzMOD750
  • User

swest wrote: I use movie maker and crop my clips.
Steve

Nice simple edit tool only exports in .wmv though.

I played around with at least a dozen vid tools. I finally found one i liked. It's not the most intuitive but it has a ton of features that I'll probably never use. The function I like the best is that It will import and export pretty much any format including .gif.

Video Pad Video Editor. It was $40 for the full licence but I think it's worth it.

KZr Video Clip Thread 18 Jun 2016 06:28 #731843

• GPzMOD750
  • User
Here's some Clips from the massive vid that I posted on 2 hr ride through some canyons, passes & Park City .

Park City Main St. to Empire Pass

Guardsman Pass to Big Cottonwood Canyon Rd.

The best of going down Big Cottonwood Canyon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZJOE900

KZr Video Clip Thread 18 Jun 2016 07:35 #731848

• GPzMOD750
  • User
BTW, I think I figured out how to put music on the videos so now you will be subjected to my crappy taste in music further restricted to my limited collection.