Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

accident on the freeway with pic 11 May 2009 20:30 #290414

• jtmcculloch
  • jtmcculloch's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Did I mention - I brought the new Camera home - strapped to the same luggage rack... hehehehehe
76 KZ1075
93 ZR1100
71 Moto-guzzi 750
2001 ZR-7S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

accident on the freeway with pic 11 May 2009 23:29 #290444

• donthekawguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
I lost my leather jacket last summer on they way up to Canada to see Sandy. The trunk opened and it flew out and I didn't notice. I put an ad in the paper and two days later a woman called and said she found it. SWEET! I lucked out that time.
Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

accident on the freeway with pic 12 May 2009 17:08 #290634

• Dr Feelgood
  • User
My ex fell asleep on the back of my Kz650 riding back from Santa Barbie on Labor day....
Lurkin\' someplace near Azusa, CA.
1977 Kawasaki Kz650C, 93 Yamaha FZR 600.
If it has two wheels or a skirt, theres gonna be trouble...

Last edit: by Dr Feelgood.

accident on the freeway with pic 12 May 2009 17:13 #290636

• Dr Feelgood
  • User
trianglelaguna wrote:

well i drove to "the mans" house one night 23 yrs ago to score a 1/4 of some great weed...breif hello and thank you and away i went.....stuck it in my inner jacket flask pocket zipped up the zipper and high tailed it home to enjoy....side streets to the freeway and did my usual 110mph on the freeway for two exits and got back off to side streets and home.......in the house...the horror.....no toke em up in the jacket.....i knew right away that my precious was blowing around in the fast lane on highway 101 dodging tractor trailers and soccer moms.........so like Batman to the rescue.. i was out on a mission to get on that 101 fast lane.......and....and.....and....
There it was lit up in my highbeam like the forgivness of an old freind you dissed.....my heart leaped for joy....all was well in craig town that night.....i need a moment...snifff....sniffle...sniff....

GROUP HUG. GLAD IT ENDED WELL FOR YOU. :O)
Lurkin\' someplace near Azusa, CA.
1977 Kawasaki Kz650C, 93 Yamaha FZR 600.
If it has two wheels or a skirt, theres gonna be trouble...

accident on the freeway with pic 12 May 2009 23:18 #290730

• RiceReaper
  • User
  • Race it, Dont Rice it
I recognize that Camera, Very robust but, Obviously not THAT robust lol.

Kinda makes you wonder who stills a kids present off the side of the road though... People these days

The backyard mechanic extraordinaire

accident on the freeway with pic 13 May 2009 09:45 #290801

• darmahsd
  • User
Tip: Bungie cords, plastic bags and vibrating English motorcycles don't mix.

Years ago, going home westbound on the Long Island Expressway, rush hour traffic, from a long weekend out in the Hamptons. Bike at the time was a '74 Triumph Trident 750. Damp weather conditions, so I had my gear wrapped in plastic bags, bungie corded to the seat behind me. Now I'm in the left, fast lane, looking at the spinning lug nuts of the tractor trailers in the center lane. Now, if this was a curved part of the expressway, I probably wouldn't be here to tell. All of a sudden, my rear wheel locks up at 70 MPH. Pushing the clutch in does nothing. I start to panic, but manage to skid to a stop into the center shoulder next to the concrete barrier, with cars wizzing about. The eastbound traffic away from NYC wasn't bad, so I left the bike, hopped across and up an overpass where I found an NYPD cop. He came down with me, stopped traffic, and we both dragged the bike across the three lanes safely to the side.
Turns out a plastic bag wrapped sweatshirt wiggled it's way off it's bungie corded perch right into the spinning chain, ignoring the chain guard on it's way down to shred itself and lock the rear wheel.
These days, though not into the Goldwing mode of bike travel, I'm affluent enough to afford nylon tank and saddlebags:). But affluent isn't the word when it comes to steps you take to preserve your life!

Stephen

accident on the freeway with pic 13 May 2009 10:19 #290808

• jtmcculloch
  • jtmcculloch's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Glad to see that I am not the only one to "Lose a load"
76 KZ1075
93 ZR1100
71 Moto-guzzi 750
2001 ZR-7S

accident on the freeway with pic 15 May 2009 11:52 #291421

• Bicycle Lee
  • User
trianglelaguna wrote:

well i drove to "the mans" house one night 23 yrs ago to score a 1/4 of some great weed...breif hello and thank you and away i went.....stuck it in my inner jacket flask pocket zipped up the zipper and high tailed it home to enjoy....side streets to the freeway and did my usual 110mph on the freeway for two exits and got back off to side streets and home.......in the house...the horror.....no toke em up in the jacket.....i knew right away that my precious was blowing around in the fast lane on highway 101 dodging tractor trailers and soccer moms.........so like Batman to the rescue.. i was out on a mission to get on that 101 fast lane.......and....and.....and....
There it was lit up in my highbeam like the forgivness of an old freind you dissed.....my heart leaped for joy....all was well in craig town that night.....i need a moment...snifff....sniffle...sniff....

man... it sounds like you and I would get along just great... haha
If you ever pass through Utah let me know.... We'll burn one down.
1978 KZ1000 police

• Page: