Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

my wife says why not just buy new 01 Sep 2007 17:40 #167818

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
  • Thank you received: 7
My wife was actually the one to bring up buying a new Harley. She said that, and I was down at the dealer in about ten minutes. But after realizing I'd have to shell out about twenty grand, plus another five just to get it running right, I felt like I was the one being taken for a ride. Then I spotted my KZ on CL for a WHOLE lot cheaper. When I first saw the picture of it, I remembered DAMN, that's one of those things that always blew me off the road way back when. I just had to have it. Seven hundred fifty bucks later, I was a very happy camper, blowing off 20k+ bikes with a flick of my wrist. Then came the new chain/sprockets, seat cover, and paint job etc. Still WAY way cheaper than a Harley.
And with the reactions I always get, I don't see myself ever selling her. "She's my sweet little baby, she's my pride and joy..."
Now winning a Harley in a raffle would be cool.
I could sell it and buy more KZ's.:evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

my wife says why not just buy new 01 Sep 2007 19:41 #167850

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
ive got an sv650 i think its called suzuki i bought a year and a half ago and have put 5 miles on it because its not an ol z,cant gt excited to drive it:blush: :P

Post edited by: PLUMMEN, at: 2007/09/01 22:46
Still recovering,some days are better than others.

my wife says why not just buy new 01 Sep 2007 20:23 #167869

• WABBMW
  • User
  • Let The Good Times Roll !
  • Thank you received: 16
Will somebody tell me where I can buy a new bike for $750. ? That's what my bike cost me including purchase price, transportation home and a few reasonably priced parts.

I rode with a group a couple of weeks ago. We did a 140 mile day trip from Houston, Texas to Freeport, then Galveston, then Kemah and back home. All the others had new bikes, with an investments ranging from $9,000. to $14,000. As we started, I think the others doubted whether I could keep their pace. No problem. At our first stop, they asked if the bike was running OK. Couldn't be better. As we would start off from a light, there were occasional bursts of accelleration as we got up to highway speed. I think the others seemed a little surprised and intimidated when they saw the KZ headlight about to climb onto their rear taillight. Some complained that their backs and arms were a little tired, with the forward leaning riding position. Not me, I feel fine. We stopped for gas near the end of the ride. They asked what my mileage calculated. 53 mpg I replied. They were silent with no mpg figures being volunteered from anyone else. And back at the ranch, these guys are loosing resale value by the day, whereas I can probably get more than I paid for the bike, due to a little TLC.

Basically, I like being unique, and especially if I can realize such a terrific value and enjoyment while doing so. I am quite particular about machinery and I am extremely pleased with the KZ series of motorcycles. And this web site with all its helpful members just put the icing on the cake.
Bill Baker
Houston, Texas
1982 KZ650 CSR
2008 Yamaha FZ1
2006 Yamaha FZ1
1977 Honda Supersport 750 four (sold)
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 (sold)