Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

An explanation of these cafe racers. 23 Jul 2007 19:58 #159075

• caffcruiser
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
KZ250LTD wrote:

Fossil wrote:

You got me, I'm a fraud and know nothing about this topic. Thankyou for straightening me out on this subject.

Yes, now lets all bow to caffcruiser, the king of the all important internet forum argument.

Oh boo hoo. Didn't want to discuss? You shouldn't have posted up trying to act like some kind of internet forum daddy settling an argument.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An explanation of these cafe racers. 23 Jul 2007 20:01 #159076

• Fossil
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
This is too easy. Seen you get wound up before Caffcruiser, but this is the best one yet!

An explanation of these cafe racers. 23 Jul 2007 20:03 #159078

• caffcruiser
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Fossil wrote:

This is too easy. Seen you get wound up before Caffcruiser, but this is the best one yet!

You think I'm wound up? :woohoo:

Your taunting sure is amazing. :)

I bet you've been working on it since pre-school.

Anyhow, have fun crying cause someone disagreed. :)

Post edited by: caffcruiser, at: 2007/07/23 23:04

An explanation of these cafe racers. 23 Jul 2007 20:05 #159080

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
Come on guys.
It's only been about two months since the last blow up and folks are bickering again.
Heck, the dust hasn't even settled from last time yet! *dons flak jacket* :S

Lets just say that some of you agree that you disagree with others and be done with it.
It's summer for crying out loud, go out and enjoy the beautiful weather on your bikes! :)
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

An explanation of these cafe racers. 23 Jul 2007 20:05 #159081

• Fossil
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Wow! It's the internet, get a grip.

An explanation of these cafe racers. 23 Jul 2007 20:33 #159084

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I think my favorite one of my sayings is very fitting here. "Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarted".
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

An explanation of these cafe racers. 23 Jul 2007 21:53 #159108

• Wildh2oskier
  • Wildh2oskier's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Agreed

An explanation of these cafe racers. 24 Jul 2007 07:03 #159163

• sheik*yerbouti
  • User

Just messing with you Wh2osk... :whistle:

Differnt strokes for different folks, but this is one thrilling bike to ride, lean and mean, and it keeps you on your toes!

Post edited by: sheik*yerbouti, at: 2007/07/24 10:08

An explanation of these cafe racers. 24 Jul 2007 09:16 #159190

• Gosling1
  • User
  • Whats behind you is not important
  • Thank you received: 1
sheik*yerbouti wrote:

hey guys thanks for the kind words. it's hard to beleive it's actually done and it all works, and basically on the first try. it starts, idles, pull hard to 10 grand, i just am so pleased with my first rebuild i can't stop thinking about what to do next. it's weird to not have a laundry list of todo's in my wallet and 3 stops to make each night on the way home to source taps, dril bits, nuts and bolts, fuel line, safety wire, cotter pins, etc...

I can't wait to get it up to Vintage days this weekend. I started riding my modern bikes to vintage days and camping just to be there and get signed up for demo rides each morning. Seeing and mostly hearing all the old bikes eventually got to me and I decided to do a frame off, resoration level quality job but into build a replica road racer, but I wanted it to be on a big bike that would have over 100 hp. This baby is a beast, it really pulls hard, it stops, it handles, i've got the tires down to about a 1/8" chicken strip and cornering and rolling on all that power, it really does feel composed, I don't feel like i've got my hand around the neck of a rattlesnake as I thought it might be.

i think my frame chops and gussets, suspension work, brake work, radial tire conversion, and motor work are all in harmony and it's a very easy bike to ride hard even in the tight SE ohio twisties. the only thing stock in the braking system are the caliper bodies. all new pistons, rotors turned, all calipers fully rebuild with rebuild kits, seals, etc, SS HEL lines, and a CBR954 rear master and a 01 ZX9 front master.

ok enough rambling answering questions nobody asked, i'm just really pleased with it all, and it's 5PM so...I...am...outta' here... :)

Did you convert over to a magneto, or did you find a place to hide that battery that I just don't see. Really , really like what you did though
1983 KZ1100A Shaftee box stock.
A herd of Bultacos to play in the dirt with. Arvada, Colorado
Kick it in the guts Berry

An explanation of these cafe racers. 24 Jul 2007 09:34 #159201

• DrWhizBang
  • User
If I can cut in here, maybe someone can clear this up for me. I always thought that a streetfighter was what you had when you broke all the plastics on your gixxer so stripped it naked and ran without them. Then the custom guys took it over from there (and to the extreme, as they always do). Did I miss something?

BTW, sheik that bike is kick-ass!
KZ650C2 w/810CC in Saint John, NB
-- a sleeper, methinks.

An explanation of these cafe racers. 24 Jul 2007 10:50 #159223

• sheik*yerbouti
  • User
Gosling1 wrote:

Did you convert over to a magneto, or did you find a place to hide that battery that I just don't see. Really , really like what you did though

hey thanks man!

using a Yuasa YTX20HL-BS Absorption Glass Mat (AGM) hundred dollar sealed type battery laying ot it's side in a totally custom electrics tray under the tail, that also serves to keep rocks from flipping up into and damaging the Air-Tech Fiberglass Kawi H2R Race Tail...

am using the regular 3-yellow wire stock stator, stock R&R, stock starter solenoid and that is it as far as stock electrics, *EVERYTHING* else electrical is custom and soldered no bullet plugs and everything is triple layer shrink wrapped, no electrical tape used, main harness wrapped in sprial loom from my employers excavator shop.

i made a complete wiring harness from scratch, yes really. took two weekends, 6-8hrs per each pair of Sat/Sun, and 3-4 hours each night during the Mon through Fri in the middle, close to 60hrs all told. I made complete poster board sized schematic ahead of time and then redid it to follow the changes, order, and routing of components after i was done and hung it on the wall in my garage. i had 0 rework, it all worked the first time which really suprised me.

all done with 10 colors of 16AWG stranded automotive wire from a electrical house, much better quality than AutoZone or Auto Parts Store wire. Running two relays, one powers on with the marine style spring Off-On-Run(spring back to On) auto style igniton, and that relay turns on the 6 place ATC fuse box. it powers, headlights, tailight, brake light, blinker relay, Acewell gauge, with one fuse place empty.

the second relay turns on from the CR80 kill switch on the right bar and powers the Dyna 3-ohm coils. Everything was checked for current with my multimeter and fused one notch above the amps it drew. then both relays are inline fused with the total of the fuses and circuits they power. I think the coil relay is a 3A inline and the inline for the relay for the whole fusebox (head,tail,brake,gauge,blink=is a total of 17A) is a 20A fuse.

BTW for future searchers, the Acewell tach was giving me fits bouncing the RPM's all over the place when i tried the recommeded method of coiling it around a sparkplug wire. However putting a 16awg ring terminal on the tacho sense and connecting it to where the Dyna-S triggers the coil, the RPM's are *DEAD* steady... Also all the idiot lights in the Acewell work perfect, oil press and neutral, blinkers, highbeam indicator! It's a beautiful thing!

Post edited by: sheik*yerbouti, at: 2007/07/24 13:52

An explanation of these cafe racers. 24 Jul 2007 10:50 #159224

• sheik*yerbouti
  • User
damn!

timeout double post deleted... :blink:

Post edited by: sheik*yerbouti, at: 2007/07/24 13:56