Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

finished project pics finaly 27 Nov 2006 09:40 #95348

• 1262 Tom
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Im with you on the seat Corbin or similar,definitely the way to go, but you could try just sculpting the foam and redoing the vinyl until cash is more flush. I also think the fender should go the kz tailpiece is one of the most striking on all motorcycles and no fender really showcases it just look at the gallery section for lots of ideas. My personal favorite is when the taillight is tucked right under the end of the tail piece and the turn signals are slightly smaller than stock.
Having said that your bike is beautiful you have done a terrific job and no one will ever pull up beside you at a light with the same cycle as you ,Truly something to be proud of. Keep on tinkering with her and log lots of miles TOM!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

finished project pics finaly 27 Nov 2006 10:06 #95352

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
Rattler...just out of curiosity,Bud...what's the length of Your swingarm,from the frame mounting point to the rear axle?
I need to know what to expect when I install the ZRX swinger into MY bike,and I'm also using a 17 inch rear wheel(ZRX).Will I also have to move the fender back,is what I'm after.
I know it would look better without it,but I'm going to wait and see what it looks like with it on,before making that call.
Thanks BudB)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

finished project pics finaly 27 Nov 2006 17:01 #95433

• rattler
  • rattler's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
from the center of the piviot point to the center of the axel is 24 1/2 inches. i have about a inch or a little more to go back.

finished project pics finaly 27 Nov 2006 20:34 #95516

• rattler
  • rattler's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
back at at the first of the summer at derby..
Attachments: