Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Customized Kz750 19 Nov 2023 18:18 #891846

• B-K-Mod
  • B-K-Mod's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Hope to ride 'till i die
  • Thank you received: 9
Also rebuilded the carbs, and checked the fit for the air box... again nothing went into place, i could had put KZ  carbs in, but i wanted to keep the electrical harness of the ZR7 and the ECU. Plus, the ZR7 carbs got the ''TPS'' mounted on them for timing advance.

I've looked at some pods filters but everyones do that.

I went with shorty velocity stack.
1980 Kz750e
1981 Kz750e
1993 ZX6e
2019 Z900RS CAFÉ
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Customized Kz750 19 Nov 2023 18:46 #891847

• B-K-Mod
  • B-K-Mod's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Hope to ride 'till i die
  • Thank you received: 9
I've checked with an online jetting kit, told them about the modifications, elevation, everything they asked me, they sended me a kit for my aplication,i installed it. and waited 'tll the day i started the bike.

Could'nt got the bike running pass idle. Every time i'd accelerate it bog's, got back in reserch and started changing jet's, again and again and again....

The original main jet was 108, the jets that came with the kit were 115 so now after several jets changes i'm at 161 for the main jets and still, they wanted more.
I've ran the bike with the 161 jets it's ok but if i give a hard acceleration it bog's again, but i will keep it that way for now, it's november and it's getting colder outside not the best time to play with carbs.

Beside carb's adjusment the bike ran realy wel the handling and braking.... it is a completly diferent bike, the bike sits a good 3 in lower, i went from 18 and 19 in tires to 17 in, shorter forks. 

I took some measurment to see where everything is. In term of geometry.
1980 Kz750e
1981 Kz750e
1993 ZX6e
2019 Z900RS CAFÉ
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by B-K-Mod.