TOPIC:

KZ 750 Quad Runner 09 Nov 2007 10:22 #180307

• lucas808
  • lucas808's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
front
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ 750 Quad Runner 09 Nov 2007 10:23 #180308

• lucas808
  • User
best on i have of the intake
Attachments:

KZ 750 Quad Runner 09 Nov 2007 10:28 #180312

• freebyrd24
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
I was trying to do something like this a while ago. it was with a 1980 honda cm400t and an 87 mojave frame. I just couldnt get everything to work the way i wanted to. just a few questions for you. where did you tuck away all the wiring? and how did you get the chain to line up from the engine to the axle? any more detailed pix of that.

that thing came out awesome. love the exhaust and the intake!

oh also, how did you permanantly mount the bike frame to the quad frame? Did you just weld it right to it? Or cut out and replace the quad's frame?

great job! :woohoo:
- 1981 KZ1000-K1 LTD - Long term project
1075cc Kit - New Wiseco Pistons

Sold:
- 1978 kz650 SR, 4-1 Vance and Hines Full Exhaust, Dyna-S Ignition, Accel Coils and Wires

KZ 750 Quad Runner 09 Nov 2007 10:44 #180319

• lucas808
  • User
thanks, i am really pleased with the way it came out, everyone told me it would never happen and if it did i would never be able to ride it in the woods or in the mud.
The wiring issue was a big concern, when i got the bike the guy told me that it had a few electrical issues and wasn't for sure what was wrong with it. So i down loaded a wiring diagram i found on another site, found all the important stuff that i needed, coils, ignition, volt meter, and the charging system. The i sat down with an ohm meter and a few rolls of wire and made my own wiring harness. Wasn't too hard to do either, i think it only took about an hour.
The chain issue wasn't hard either. Believe it or not, all i did was jack the thing up, slide the bolt through the swing arm, put the chain on, and eyeballed it till it looked like it was trackin itself straight. Then we measured for the spacers i needed to make it fit, went down to the local machine shop and had them cut so i knew they were the right size.
The frame went through a few different ideas befor i came up with the final decision. All we did was weld the quad fron end onto the bike frame. I cut off the neck and the bar the tank sat on for east access, made as many connections to both frames as i could without going trough alot of trouble. Boxed in the top with som flat stock. made the shock brace and mount in the back and bolted everything else in place.
try to get some detailed photos soon. I am goin to take it a part to put a good paint job on it anyway, just gave it a quick rattle can one for now.

KZ 750 Quad Runner 09 Nov 2007 10:47 #180320

• lucas808
  • User
here is where i did all the connecting of the two frames
Attachments:

KZ 750 Quad Runner 09 Nov 2007 10:51 #180322

• freebyrd24
  • User
Thats incredible, and some great ideas! so the swingarm off the atv fit in the swingarm slot in the bike frame? thanks for all the details! i got really discouraged and didnt have half the great ideas you do. im very inerested in all this. so you are running the charging system, and battery and all those goodies? electric starter?

Sold:
- 1978 kz650 SR, 4-1 Vance and Hines Full Exhaust, Dyna-S Ignition, Accel Coils and Wires

KZ 750 Quad Runner 09 Nov 2007 10:58 #180324

• lucas808
  • User
yep, th e swing are fit, it was about an inch or so shorter across, thats where we just cut a couple of spacers and lined it up. the charging system works, upgraded the battery to a sealed one with more amps, i made my own handelbars out of a set off of a bicycle, so for the electric start i put a key switch off of a lawn mower in the right side cover. the thing is a blast to ride, a friend of mine has a 05 brute force 750, he pulled me on take off due to gearing, but once i hit second it was all over for him.

KZ 750 Quad Runner 09 Nov 2007 11:00 #180325

• freebyrd24
  • User
Wow great job man, that thing must go like a bat outta hell!

Sold:

KZ 750 Quad Runner 09 Nov 2007 11:05 #180327

• lucas808
  • User
i plan on dirt draggin it next spring, got to get the gearing figured out, but other than that it ready to go.

• Page: