• Page:

TOPIC:

Well, Here It Is.... 19 May 2007 12:09 #141529

• H2RICK
  • H2RICK's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
  • Thank you received: 1
Yep, Gringo, those are the ones I considered but rejected due to the size and appearance. Those early style signals, IMHO, don't look "right" on smaller bikes like the KZ650 and the H1/H2's. They're just too bulky, to my eye. They look "proper" on a bigger bike like the Z1/KZ900/KZ1000 because they not so obtrusive.
To each his own, I guess. As posted previously, I'll keep looking for a nice (or NOS) set of originals but because of the very hot Z1 and H2 resto market with guys paying serious money for the original heads in any kind of decent condition, I don't hold out too much hope of finding a nice set any time soon......
although, since I work at a bike salvage yard, strange things DO drift in from time to time.;)
I just MAY start collecting the original stems because those CAN be cleaned up and/or rechromed.....but the heads are usually knackered.
I'll have to look in my H2 signals "box of tricks" and see what's in there for large-style heads that can possibly be resurrected. One never knows, do one ??? :P
KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: